Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Equivalent to Wilson ncode n5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MikeFlint, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MikeFlint

MikeFlint New Member

Hi,

I am a casual badminton player (doubles only ... well occasional singles) and for the last 4 years I've used a Wilson ncode n5 racquet. I had it re-strung about 3 years ago, but that's it.

The n5 has balance 29cm and weight 85-89g I think.

Anyway today I managed to crack the frame against my partner's racquet :crying:, so need a replacement. I didn't get on with the Wilson to start, but now really like it, but it's not made any longer :(

I'd say I'm mainly a defensive player. I certainly have no real power, but maybe that means I need a higher power racquet?

Can anyone recommend a similar racquet to this one? I've looked at the Wilson BLX range and figure the BLX Power is similar. Does this sound like a good choice? I'd prefer to stick with Wilson simply because I liked the n5 so much.

As a little red herring, after cracking the frame (the split was halfway through the frame so it was still usable ... and I used it) I carried on playing for another game and actually found it better. So I guess that was lower tension in the strings? As I say, I wouldn't call myself anything other than a casual player :)

Thanks for any advice!

Mike.

2. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

I suggest buying a nice $50 racket (swing it in store to see what you like) and just leave the factory strings on it. Obviously whatever you strung it at 3 years ago was far too high for your current abilities and made you lose significant amounts of power.