Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

General Query - How to string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by alongwor, Nov 29, 2010.

1. alongwor

alongwor Regular Member

Hi all,

Last week I picked up a new, unstrung, Victor Bravesword 10. Yesterday I dropped it off at the badminton hall where I play once a week and asked the guy who runs the place to string the racket.

Now bear with me here as this is the first racket I have every had that needed stringing or the need to be restrung. He asked me if there was a stringing plan that came with the racket and aluded to the fact some rackets come with one.

This got me to thinking of things I hadn't yet considered. Aside from the question of what string and what tension, is there a "standard" pattern to string to? Do different rackets require different pattern? Are there different patterns for different "styles"?

Am I worrying about nothing or is there more to consider than string type and tension.

Cheers.