Grim times ahead for Inodnesia badminton

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by cooler, Oct 4, 2006.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

To answer your inquiry, in a way, yes...and that goes for Taufik also..;)
    hmm, i also don't know if those other players who have been performing well(ie. winning some tournaments and the WC last yr) actually spoke out/voiced their opinions. But other facts have shown us that there's definitely something wrong within the PBSI/Pelatnas atmosphere(ie. with their young players quitting and leaving Pelatnas early, even Icuk's son(Tommy) threatened to leave but then returned and countless other)...Those facts alone show that rather than being "treated" like their seniors, the younger players decide to take the way out and play somewhere else..
    IMO, if Taufik really wants to "prove a point", then he should've leave and quit INA and really move and play somewhere else, rather than just hang around Pelatnas(any BC/BFers here want Taufik to join their fave country's national squad??hehe);):):D
    hmm, i think it's quite evident with what's been going on the last yr or 2 that PBSI for some reason relied too much on the "old horses". Is it really a financial problem with them?? Now with the recent WC developments and results, what more evidence there needs to be for PBSI to wake up and smell the coffee??...In a way, like what i've mentioned before, this whole dilemma has been a "result" of what PBSI has sowed the last 4-5 yrs...
    This is similar to what i was pressing abt with "Who is really in control of the INA badminton scene, PBSI or Taufik?"..:rolleyes: :confused:
    hmm, from recent or latest reports/news, i believe Taufik has been the sole spoke person who has voiced his concern abt the situation of the Pelatnas players(ie. contract money or prize money or guaranteed money after retirement)..where are the other players if indeed they want their voices to be heard??..
    ..hmm, how abt this scenario: wait til if and when Taufik will finally steps up and join the PBSI council's ranks in the hot-seat...who knows what affect(s) will his presence have??..:confused: :rolleyes: :p ;)

2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

How 'bout this for an idea: shift most of the player development task to clubs including the cost of sending them to local and international individual tournaments. The relationship between PBSI and these clubs would be similar to that of an FA and soccer clubs. More specifically, selected players would get together and train at the national training centre for national team events such as the Thomas/Uber/Sudirman Cups, Asian Games and the Olympics. Otherwise, they train at their own clubs. Because from what I hear a lot of these clubs like Jarum, Pelita, Tangkas and some others are quite rich and well-funded on their own rights. Why don't PBSI let them groom the talent pool and take the hands off approach? No more headaches about dealing with temperamental players like Taufik, players' payroll, individual sponsorships, etc.

3. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

I ignored the whole post when i saw the words Sigit retired due to an injury :mad: . Can anyone get any info on that?

4. tcw2612

tcw2612 Regular Member

Go Ahead Quit Guys/ Girls

Hi,

I worked with PBSI West Jakarta on one ocasion. I worked with Minarni. She is the retired senior woman player. I know Icuk Sugiarto also heads one of 5 Jakarta PBSI. With all due respect I have to say I hate the way you guys work. Corrupted officials.

I support all Indonesia Players who want to quit the National Training Center. They should have done it long time ago. What the H**L are you waiting for Taufik, Candra, Tony, Luluk etc etc etc.

Indonesia PBSI has no different with the goverment it self. Full of corruptors and no nationalism at all. So, again - What are you waiting for guys. There are coutries in the world that will take you with happy face and open arms.

regards,

tcw2612

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yup.Even though i'll be sad,but i'll still be happy to watch them playin in somewhere else.I wanna wait till PBSI cried n changed the whole system,n of course,the officials,like i mentioned some other day in one of the threads.Indo has too many great players,but the official were so corrupt that they forget to treat the players well so that they'll stay.In fact,i am really proud of the indonesian legends n players who still wanna play for indo.Salute for all of u!U guys did something marvellous!

#25 Smichz, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Will it ever change??..

..and that's the big question.;)..And my personal opinion is, unfortunately the system/way of thinking will not change. Because if it changes(in the future), then Indonesian wouldn't be called Indonesia anymore-reality is, it's like a seed planted and passed on from beginning, one generation to another, til end..:rolleyes: :p :mad: :( ;)

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    tcw2612, thanks for spelling it out which i did not do before for risk of being too political and short of inside proofs. It's too bad a country with so much potential is mis-managed by cycles of crony treadmill. I dunno how this tony/candra thing is gonna works out with pbsi but i see this ex-power house INA degraded to buying talents, similar to SG (but SG isn't a powerhouse in badminton ).

#27 cooler, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    we can do nothing but only hoping for some changes..at least,not everyone's that useless in PBSI rite?

10. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    is the PBSI head really such an a**hole??? that the players wanna quit because of him

11. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    PB Bandung Mutiara

Well out of this chaos....we may still have some rays of hope......That hope comes from PB bandung Mutiara....I heard they have produced the likes of Ii Sumirat, Tan Joe Hock, Christian Hadinata until the recent Taufik Hidayat....Recent news said they are now training 300 talented players in a family like approach......I do hope this is not just rumours......I hope we can return our glory days in Badminton.......n also I agree with the hands off approach i.e. leaving the players to the clubs....Djarum Kudus is a very wealthy club...I heard they have a massive training facility in Kudus.....

12. adrian.sutikna

adrian.sutikna Regular Member

Sales Engineer
    Well, PBSI sucks ...
    it's an irony here...every organization that held by government is a total mess...

13. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    yeah lets bash the government.....keke. its such a sad thing to know that PBSI is such a let down coz INA has lots of good players.

14. adrian.sutikna

Sales Engineer
    maybe not, but they are power-less..
    They cant defend their own man...I think with proper management, Taufik Hidayat will be the best player in the world...A legend...
    No offence to Lin Dan, but he got better skill, technique and talent...
    It's really a pitty

15. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

TH has been with PBSI for some good 8 years. I believe he moved to Singapore after he fell out with the officials then. Therefore if there is any player who should be abe to 'understand & handle' the PBSI officials, it had to TH. I am not convinced that the improper management (if any) should be a major contributing factor to TH's failure to perform consistently well as his fans would like him to. TH has his own personal coach which majority of all players do not enjoy. I believe for every successful tournaments, he receives his dues/rewards tho' not according to his timetable which is normal. No doubt TH is a gifted player. However, no matter how gifted one is, this gift will go to waste if it's not tapped/honed. I am more inclined to believe that it has to do with self-discipline. It takes talent, right attitue, discipline ... & the list goes on to be a complete & successful player.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's partly true abt Taufik..

...but IMO, the majority of the "onus" must fall on PBSI as well...Just look at their recent proposal where they(Bang Yos/PBSI) wanted to "re-hire" Tony & Candra again to play for their Sudirman & Thomas/Uber Cup teams...What advantage(s) would that give to their young/up & coming players, esp. in MD??...Their(PBSI's) relationship with Taufik is just 1 example but there are a few other examples(from players/coaches) who have left PBSI or do not want to associate with them, for whatever reasons. And I'm sure some of you know who they are...:rolleyes: :p ;)

17. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    we should privatise the government then..... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

As I know TH joins SGS Elektrik not Bandung Mutiara. INA as one of bdm giant had long-time sleeping, don't know WHEN INA strikes back to dominate international and prestigious bdm tourneys. Multidimensional crisis that happened since 1997 still continously until now. This crisis of course give impact to sport-field w/ very minimal sport-achievement including from INA's gold-sport -- badminton.

Corruptions are everywhere, not surprised at all plus complicated birocracy also contributing sport-condition become worse and hard to believe will awake soon. Organization restructuring,replacement of chief and officials doesn't make any improvement to lift-up at highest level.

Last info that I read in media -- PBSI needs hard effort to bring back Tony that sounds like mission impossible under BWF's regulation. PBSI hope Tony will help INA to grab Gold in Beijing/08 meanwhile Tony just has chance to play under INA's flag in 2009. Hmm, still waiting final decision from PBSI/BWF/USBA to this issue.

19. adrian.sutikna

Sales Engineer
    your opinion is a bit true
    Taufik is very undiscipline..and his behaviour is not reflecting a true athlete..
    He is an artist in badminton, thats why he is very unique...
    You must see how our athletes falling apart...badminton especially...
    They are not satisfied...the organization dont give them enough comfort...
    how should they depend their life from Badminton??
    That subject is not only for badminton, but it's for every athletes in Indonesia..