Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Grip report: Tecnicfibre Pro Contact ATP

Discussion in 'Grip' started by speedyJT, Feb 4, 2014.

1. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Hi all,
    I havn't found a thread about this grip, so I want to give you a short report.

I normally play with the grip: Yonex AC102EX. Basic grip + one of the AC102EX. I like it much but after 2 - 3 weeks I have to change it because the tackiness is gone completely.

Some weeks ago, I went to a sport shop and saw a few tennis and badminton rackets. Next to the rackets - the grips. There were only tennis grips but I thought "why don't to test one of these". So I picked this grip:

Tecnicfibre Pro Contact (ATP World Tour).
    0,6mm thickness (as AC102EX).

The first surprise at the cash desk:
    3 pieces in one pack for the prize of 8,99€.
    For comparing: 3 pieces of AC102EX costs round about 4,50€.
    I already found a better prize in some online shops for this but that was the prize I paid in the shop.

If have to say - the start of the wrapping was at first a bit tricky. The grip is not as stretchable as the AC102EX. I normally stretch it a lot at the beginning to reduce this small wrinkles. I didn't get it the first time, so I had a few small wrinkles at the bottom. As I read, the most of you wrap the grip that it ends with the glued, sticky end and don't need a special tape. I don't do it that way - I always use the tape. The delivered tape with the grips is really really good and have a better quality than the Yonex end tapes/strips.

Never had a better grip feeling in my hand before.
    The wrinkles at the bottom were not noticeable.
    It feels much softer than the AC102EX and the tackiness is pure awesome.
    A little bit spongy, not hard or "flat", just soft and nice.
    The control and handling with this grip is magnificent.

As I only played 4 times with this grip, I can't already say how long the tackiness will be kept, but till now, it's as tacky as at the beginning and the nice feeling is still the same.
    I can tell you more about that after a few more sessions if you like to.
    I hope it will last some more weeks that it's profitable compared to the AC102EX because of the prize.

This is my first grip report, I hope everything is understandable and okay.

Maybe some of you guys already played with this grip, too?