Heavy clamping on racket frame!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by poohpooh, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Some ppl choose to be quiet over it :)

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    To be honest with you, people will vote with their feet if the quality really is that bad. If the quality of the stringing is of a sufficient standard, business stays and even gets better.

Paint chips are inherent to badminton racquets. If you don't like blemishes to your new racquets, then either don't use a racquet or don't buy a new one. Similar to buying a new car - you drive it on the street, there is always a chance of a knock by another driver, even on the first day, even in Singapore.

3. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

4. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

You are not in my shoe, so you can comment whatever you like of course. Anyway is not the first time :)

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

My comments are the hard facts of life. ;)

6. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Good for you :)

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Good for everybody, not just you.

8. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Even my pretty jjs has marks on it, devastated I was.

9. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Looks like we have no choice since the stringer dont have the intention to admit (as per my first post) :) lets move on and the situation might change if he were to handle the situation better.

10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Who is we?
    Why would anyone admit to anything just because you want him to?
    Increasingly, it looks like it's you who should have handled the situation better.

Of course, if your racquet was 'damaged', you have good reason to be unhappy.
    But blaming the stringer for it simply because you think so or because you are sure doesn't help.

If, indeed, the stringer is responsible for the 'damage', he will (and should) make amends for it.
    But don't expect him to own up and do you good merely because you insist it's his fault.

I've seen this stringer at work on more than one occasion.

At a previous edition of the Singapore Open, I saw him being sought out by professional players (from Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan) whose strings had snapped during their matches. It was both curious and interesting that they chose to go to him, especially since an official tournament stringer was readily available at the arena.

Assuming the various direct posts in this thread are all referring to the same person, alleging that he is irresponsible and stubborn and whatnot based on an invisible depression on the frame is stretching it a lot!

11. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I string my own racquets, perhaps you should consider it.

12. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    poohpooh, can you post some close up pictures. Since the one you posted, most people here can't tell for sure where is the problem and less can tell how it happen.

13. korke78

korke78 Regular Member

Hi Poohpooh

Thanks for showing us the damaged racket.

When I bought an Arc11, which I strung it by myself, I had exatly the same problem as you! A friend has also an Arc11 which he strung at a good and professional stringer and guess what, he had the same problem as you.

I think it's the sticker which is bad quality. After you string the horizontals the force on the indirect supports is very high and that exactly causes the damage.

I haven't had such a problem with other rackets.

Hope that helps you.

Cheers

14. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I cry a little when my friend gives me his arc11. It had the potential to be so good but they painted poorly.

I did another friend gave me his TH edition and it looked like he'd been chewing it.

15. Magnifique

Magnifique New Member

I used to own an arc 11 and I remember it as having a bad paintjob. Not as bad my Z force 1 though.

It's hard to believe Alvin would cause a scratch on anyone's racquet considering how careful he is. I remember the first time I sent my battle-scarred zforce 1 to him and he actually put a layer of wet cotton wool between the clamps and racquet with my insistence there was no need to do so. That's personal standard!

I re-string my racquets frequently and he is the most consistent stringer I have come across. Guaranteed it feels the same after each re-string. I would pick a good string job over minor details any time. I play badminton for the game, not the aesthetics. But then again, not everyone thinks the same.

16. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

From the start i knew he is a very careful guy and i have been stringing with him for almost one year, i had 2 arc saber 11 both brand new and it came back with defects sad to say, i kept quiet for the first one but for the second one i have no choice but to have a feedback cos its quite painful but the way he handle the situation is totally unacceptable giving all the excuses. Hope by posting this thread he will be more careful next time.

Anyway just count me unlucky having this kind of problems. Life still moves on.

#56 poohpooh, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  17. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Hi korke78, maybe arc11 have paint problem but in the pic is a cut in the frame thats a pain in an ass and also a few bumps.

18. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    nivla76, please, give us some information about your stringing machine. Brand and model. What type of clamp you use when stringing that racket. Some close up pictures of the side support would be the best (a different angle of the one you already posted). This way, we can see more clear about what can happen that machine with that particular model of racket and we all may learn something new that we may be not knowing, for the benefice of our badminton community.

19. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

The incident already happen and what done is done, explaining with his theory is only trying to cover up.

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Find Another Stringer

You started with 'bumps' on the frame.
    Then you blew that up to 'cuts', 'marks', 'dents' and 'bumps'.

None of this is logically borne out by anything in this thread.
    So far, all we have is one guy complaining about invisible 'damage' and non-existent 'cover-ups' (and strange 'grandmother stories').

This has run longer than it should have.
    Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.