Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Im changing strings and need some advice.

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Bojan, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Bojan

Bojan Guest

Im playing with Victor G7500III, 90-95g,290-300 balance (now 260 mm because overgrip), carbon shaft, graphite head, factory strung with Ashaway rally 21 (0.75 mm) at 8 kilos (18 lbs). After 3 months of playing string losed tension of course and I want to change string now. I can chose from rally 21, yonex bg 65 & 65 ti strings. I guess I should bought 65 TI but now its to late and I got bg-65. Sugested string tension on racquet is 8-9 kg (standard one). Now please clear some things for me to be sure.

First of all lets say that 8 kilos (18 lbs) with rally 21 is ok for me concerning power (clears/smashes) AND I play with nylon shuttles.

1) If I play with .05 mm thiner string I will gain control and power right but will lose durability, but bg-65 is durable string so I wont lose durability and will gain everything right ?

2) I dont know how much rally 21 got repulsion power (I guess lower than bg65 because its thicker) so if bg got higher repulsion that means I can string bg65 higher tension and still got enought power for clears right ? And at the same time I will gain on control ? right ?

3) How high should I go in tension concerning I have no money for other racquet and I still want to hit clear (I know forearm technique tnx to this forum :cool:)

4) I read bg65 will lose some tension after stringing , how much is that ?

5) Suggest me how much tight to string racquet ...

6) Its maybe better to buy bg-65 Ti for stringing at lower tensions because I dont need durability that much cause its low tension, right ?

Thank you !!

2. hey Bojan, i recommend that stringing BG 65 Ti or BG 70 Pro at around 20lbs is suitable for you.Since u said that u want power and durability, right? I think BG 65Ti is better than BG70 pro for you, because, BG 70 pro is a bit higher replusion power than BG 65 Ti, so that higher tension is needed in order to having a good control. I have tried Bg65 Ti strung at 24 lbs on my Cab-20 CN, it does give me good control and holds the tension pretty well since i have been using it for 3 months already( i play 2 times, 6 hrs a week).
    Another suggestion is that get the BG 43, its thicknes is 0.75, i think it still can satisify your demand.

3. Bojan

Bojan Guest

Tnx for opinions on that but I would really like my questions be answered in simple style
    1) yes/no
    2) yes/no ....

I need to fill some holes and I will do that by knowing answers to those questions. Like I said I can get only bg-65 and 65TI , nothing more so i need explicit info on those two !!! Tnx again for the effort addict :cool:

4. How do you answer 3, 4 and 5 yes/no?

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    As a starter, I suggest you string 2lbs higher for BG65 as it stretches so much. That makes 20lbs which 'should' be OK. (of course, I am not liable for your racquet breaking/warping).

The other details are superfluous. Just enjoy the game.

6. Bojan

Bojan Guest

Thank you again Cheung, I guess you are my knowledge angel here in some way :cool:.

Shuttlemaster I wrote 1,2 yes/no and put dots, not 1,2,3,4,5 yes/no, ok ?