Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. sen

sen Regular Member

Many people are pessimist of Indonesia chance of Olympic badminton medal but I actually think there is still time to turn around even though it is hard.
    Just before 2016 Olympic, everyone dismiss Owi/Butet chance of even bronze medal because of their declining performance but in the end, proper and special training turn them around.
    Actually after 2018, PBSI already started declining in terms of coaching, with so many changes in coaches and many left. They are lucky for the Tokyo Olympic because no 1 WD double is injured

So now, what should they do? Of course special training and preparation

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    In the final, Owi/Butet met an opponent who cannot serve.

3. wade

wade Regular Member

They beat their nemesis zhang/zhao in the semifinal. they lost 8 straight prior to that.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Same with MAS pair.

5. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

Coach Aryono admitted that there were communication problems between Pram and Yere, the public could also see that their communication on the field had gotten worse since the last few tournaments. This is become an additional problem for PBSI
    which is currently struggling to face public criticism because of poor performances of INA Badminton.

https://www.indosport.com/raket/202...aknya-pramudya-kusumawardana-yeremia-rambitan

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

As a badminton lover, I use to follow badminton for atleast 10 years. I should say Indonesians need to open a separate thread like ' Is Indonesua going in the right direction?'.
    Because This week, in a very low level tournament conducted in Indonesia ( Indonesia international challenge), I just now checked the finals in the tournament software, I was wondering ' where are Indonesians in final lineup'. There are not even a single Indonesians. The tournament is very low level. Are they not training as before ?

And also checked Badminton Asia U15 and U17 finals. Not even a single indonesian in the final lineup.

7. sen

sen Regular Member

good coaches are not being rewarded enough as other countries are stepping up in finding good coaches so many of them moved overseas

meanwhile, there are hardly anything that they learn from other countries method of development

8. jctai

jctai Regular Member

It's quite a stretch to say that Indo coach ain't gonna find anything they can learn overseas that can in turn channel back to their player development methodologies. There are many aspects that other countries do better than Indonesia, that's why you're not seeing every tournament matches being all Indonesian affair.

9. sen

sen Regular Member

I did not write clearly. What I am saying is that the PBSI management and coaches have not studied any methodologies of other countries. Whether they can find anything or not is another matter

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    semifinals had Indonesians.

This tournament is a bit tricky to use as a predictor of development. Juniors develop at different speeds for each individual.

I also saw for some of the U17/U15 Indonesian juniors, they get affected by nerves. There’s a lot of pressure of expectation on Indonesian and honestly, most of the matches you never seen the opponents before. It’s easy to get upset wins.

U19 level is a more consistent indicator.

11. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

There were widespread news that Pramudya Kusumawardana would leave the national team and then move to Australia.
    An understandable decision because maybe he didn't see promising prospects in his partnership with Yeremia.
    In my opinion Pram is a good player and can play for both front and back court position, if only PBSI could find the right partner for him maybe he wouldn't have left the national team.
    All the best Pram.