Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Insoles slipping

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Big Slick, May 16, 2005.

1. Big Slick

Big Slick Regular Member

Ok so I got orthotics (sp?) recently and they don't fit well in my shb-98's. They're actually ok if I do running on a treadmill, but when I went for a game of doubles for the first time I found that they seemed to slip out of position which was quite uncomfortable. If I put my hand inside the shoe I can move the insole forward and back a bit. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? I can't glue them in because I have to transfer them to whatever shoes I'm wearing. Maybe I just have to go buy shoes which are slightly smaller?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    let me guess, the shoes have a weaved cloth like liner, while the insole have a smooth shiny foam like bottom?

i have had that same problem with some insolve i have tried. the two just do not stick together and will slide against each other when under pressure.

i have tried a small pair of shoes. smaller shoes do not help as the sides do not hold the insole in place. (YMMV though)

i ended stopped using those insoles and went back to my normal ones.

however, if you do have to use it, this is something that i thought about but have never tried. find a thin piece of rubber and lined that between the shoe and the insole. the rubber piece should give enough grab and friction to stop it from sliding. as i said, i haven't tried this but would be interesting to see if that works.