Is it okay to put on a towel grip as an overgrip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by gotizyy, Nov 24, 2023.

1. gotizyy

gotizyy New Member

Need a new grip and currently only have a towel grip right now, and getting rid of the original grip on my racket seems like a waste. (brand new) It's a towel grip I bought online a while ago, the name is Amusi? Mamusi? I think, very very not well known brand I think? I think it's the normal size and thickness for towel grips and I am worried that it is too thick but I need grip very soon so I am again also worried that it will ruin my play as it will be to thick. Wanted to hear your guys opinions on this and possibly answer my question. Thanks!

Sent from my CPH2349 using Tapatalk

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Removing OG grip is a waste? Put an over grip on it, eventually it will also crumble. So unless you want to use it as it is, no reason to call it a waste & also selling a racket, no one would care for the grip. We all just care for the frame condition.
    But could you use towel for overgrip? Yes, you could customize the grip anyway you like as long it fit your taste. Put 2 rubber overgrip, Use OG grip & over grip, use cushion wrap & overgrip. Anything you want to fit your need.