Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by David, Apr 12, 2001.

1. David

David Guest

hi all.. i wanna know what's the proper way of doing a jump smash, or even a smash.. like what are the foot settings, and how your position of the raquect should be. and whne to do the smash. thanks.
  2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Apr 28, 2002
    This is the way i smash, the jumpsmash is my fav shot but its hard to explain.

Anyway, the smash is actually simple. This is the way i play it, when i get a shot that i can smash like a short lift, i make sure that the shuttle is slightly infront of me so that i can take the shot at an angle. Once it comes to the right place, i have my weight on my back leg and transfer the weight to my front leg as i follow through with the smash.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but its the best way i can explain
  3. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

Its a lot like a tennis serve (yes there is a jump in tennis serving), but you jump slightly higher, more compact, less shoulder turn and less follow through, but more wrist.