KKK & TBH - On The Comeback Trail?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I think highlighting the latter in bold may not drive the message across. I underlined it as well just to make sure things are crystal clear. ;)

2. badadum

badadum Regular Member

So you have problem with their attitude....yet even with that so-called attitude, they're still pretty much the best that your country have, with plenty of good results..... which begs the question, are you placing higher importance in one's attitude than results?

3. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Don't forget a certain bad-boy from China who has won pretty much everything there's to win in the world of baddy, who also have thrown foreign object to opposing player's coach and threaten to do more damage, as well as punching his own coach :p.

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I think you need to calm down a little and please refrain from using too many caps as I can read perfectly.

Ok, I believe my question to you is why you have a different set of rules for football and badminton?? For the former, you judged based on results while the latter, on effort and determination. I suggest you re-read your earlier postings and mine again.

As for you comments that football is controlled by politicians, let me ask you then what about badminton then?? No politicians there??

And you have not answer my question, I shall therefore put my question to you again. What are the major titles we have won in badminton todate?

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I guess the MAS fans' expectations are higher than ours :eek:;)

The thing is: Koo/Tan's results are never good enough UNLESS they win the WC or Olympics Gold. It's useless to talk abt the SS Masters Final (when u have the AE Champion and the current Olympics and World Champions losing to the "underperforming" pair), or some Johor Open, Macau Open, and other cap ikan-teri titles. Hell, they even lost in the Kedah Open and the Grand-Prix Finals to some cap ikan-asin pair...that's bloody embarassing, isn't it. So, nothing less than the above 2 titles please :eek:

As for Lee Chong Wei, it's the same thing....oh plus add the AE title to that as well :rolleyes:

#125 badMania, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Psst: no solid-hard evidence on "punching his own coach" u know ;)

But our INA player is really one hell-of-a-player that Lee Chong Wei will probably never become (in terms of attitude).

7. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

Pemuda,
    when i argue, i argue with facts and rationality....
    first, you are right, KKK might be Big headed, no discipline, or gave rough time
    to Rexy, but he did produced results and he had his fair share of ups and downs....he did get bashing from every corner...but when they did won SS grand final, i think at least some due recognition is fair for them to consistently produce results....
    you are right abt LCW as well, he might not be the Biggest giant in men single today but end of the day, we as Malaysian knows deep down, he tried his best, he did blunder and disappoint us, but we knew he will keep on trying and trying until 30 years ago and more? we at forum will keep on supporting him until the day come.....
    about taxpayers money, to be honest, badminton is taking small share of our monies....you should know where most our hard earn money gone.....at least we are happy to invest in badminton than sending ppl to moon? I pay to LHDN as well leh.....

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Name me 1 other country player with the same problem as KKK.

U can get every details of whats happening to badminton players in the world through BC. It's easy as 123.

9. danielwong

Salesman

final speaking,
    football= Olympic??? lambat lagi( slow-slow wait)
    badminton= silver, mana cukup....(where got enough?)

world cup= if we host, we sure qualify...
    badminton world championship= LCW, bronze
    KKK/WPT, bronze
    KKK/CCM, bronze
    wch, silver
    gold when coming?

asian games= brand minyak cap kapak
    football malaysia don't want to participate
    KKK/TBH won also coz AG not big tournament....

if football players play with hardwork and determinations,
    such results? how can? but I also lazy to watch any football
    forum to bash them...consider my taxpayer monies masuk longkang
    (fall into drain)

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

KKK-TBH are playing well to win the MO 2009

The time has come to be excited again - the crowd at the SS Masters, which just ended showed how engrossed Malaysians are about badminton. All the past losses and wins were forgotten on the final day of play. What mattered was who would win.

When LCW came out and conquered PG, the mood was that Malaysia would also win the doubles - Malaysians would be infallible. When KKK-TBH came on, every Malaysian had this feeling that it was going to be another win. And true to form, KKK-TBH did not disappoint and went on to show how good they were.

I would say it would be damn difficult to get anyone to think that they will not go on to win the MO 2009. It is fruitless to argue coz they are on a roll and I expect them to be at their best again for 2009. KKK-TBH will get better - they have that winning look in them again. The USD$42,000 win is a big purse but this would be peanuts by the end of next year.

Pemuda, they had the last laugh on you because you rubbished them the most - these guys took out the SS event of the year, chinese or no chinese. It is the win that counts. :D

#130 X Ball, Dec 23, 2008
  11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thank you and I appreciate you putting facts forward and are rational.

As for KKK/TBH, you said we need to acknowledged some due recognition as they consistently produced results. KKK/TBH consistent??? Ok, I know they didnt win that gold in Beijing so may I ask you which Super Series title/s they won this year? Please dont say by just bagging that SS Master title they suddenly become 'consistent'.

LCW, like it or not is weak mentally. And we are not helping him. We gave him a Datuk title for what?? The guy has never won anything major in badminton and yet, we gave him the Datuk title. Instead of helping him, we are spoon feeding him and putting him on crutches. Look at guys like Ng Boon Bee, Tan Aik Huang & Tan Yee Khan, these guys are legends and have won major titles. Are they Datuks?

As for taxpayers money, I am sorry we are talking about public funds here. No such thing as 'taking a small share'. Its like a dirty politicians pocketing a few RM thousands here and there and then say "it is only a small share". The truth is we have invested a lot into the game and the results are not coming in. Maybe we should emulate Denmark for example. I doubt their government fund the game like in Malaysia but they are still able to produce good shuttlers and results. They have won the Olympics gold & WC etc. And their shuttlers are truly professional.

#131 Pemuda, Dec 23, 2008
  12. badadum

badadum Regular Member

How exactly are they making mockery of your flag? Did they stomp over it? Spit on it? Set it on fire or something? What I've seen is the opposite, they brought home AG gold and AE MD double title, something that hasn't been done in quite a long time despite your country supposedly rich tradition in badminton.
    And when they emerge from their slump and win a tournament by beating the #1,2,4 & 8 ranked MD in the world, what kind of response did you give them? "Oh, its only weak tournament"...or "Oh, its nothing since China is not present"....that despite the fact the only contending China's pair is FHF/CY.... :rolleyes:

So you've the same position with Dato in critize them based on their so-called attitude, and let other player slide because they give "their best"
    despite the fact they have contribute nowhere near what the so called primadona has done. My question is the same then, in your mind is it better to have average player who gives it their best yet have no chance of winning anything of significance, than a cocky, brash player with the skills to back up their attitude and contribute greater glory to your country? :confused:

I seemed to recall someone bash and question LCW to no end because he lost to Roslin during a simulation match before TC. Even after he beaten LD quite easily in TC those same folks simply brush the achievement aside and even declare that LCW will not win the OG gold..... You talk about how representing the nation is a serious business,etc...yet why should LCW give it all when his own countrymen won't even support him and openly declare that he won't win the OG gold and even put up a bet against him??? Talk about being stab in the back... :rolleyes:

Lets see, so the taxpayer cost is high, yet you're bashing the few good spots that you've because of attitude problem...and praise the one who hasn't contribute much because "they give it all and play hard all the time and behave"..... :rolleyes:

As for the player, tell me something, why should they play for RM500/m and be mentally and physically exhausted every day, rather than go to university, get a decent degree and job and earn well more than RM500/m?

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    U and some other in your camp keep missing the big picture, the crux of the whole debate here, when one of the MAS player win some major titles like OG & WC, Dato, pemuda, and myself would have no qualm about their antic and misbehaviors. All we are saying and stating are the flaws they have now which are holding them back to become better players, to consistently win. We never said there are no misbehaving players in sports. Look at tennis great John McEnroe, soccer great Maradona, they have the achievement to back up their misbehaviors. When you're the best, the bad behaviors could be even an added selling feature for them. It's no use pointing finger at LD, he had produced the goods. Until MAS players reached such status, they should concentrate on training and doing better. These are constructive cristism, not bashing.

#133 cooler, Dec 23, 2008
  14. badadum

badadum Regular Member

If you care to read, you'll see that there're 2 examples already.... :p

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

but we do know that china, korea, denmark, england and INA have produced the goods.:rolleyes: Stop looking for bad examples from other countries as excuses as a way to explain your non-performance. Fix yourself first before trying to fix other people's problems.

16. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Funny, I recall seeing you defended LD from ppl bashing him just because he hasn't won that OG gold...

John McEnroe has always been a bad-ass since the day he arrived in the tennis world....same like gutter mouth Larry Bird or Shaq...or even Randy Moss..they just don't start trash-talking or being brash after they start winning championships or major titles....yet you don't see their brash way detering them to achieve greater glory. Same with TH, lots of attitude and trash talking before he won that WC and OG title...and you know what? he still wound up winning both anyway. So why KKK/TBH should be any different?
    You also stated once they win OG or WC, then you, Dato and Pemuda will have no problem with their attitude...well that's all fine and dandy, but that also means you place result/achievement above everything else. If that's the case, why I do hear nothing but praise for WCH and WMC.....despite their achievement is nowhere near what KKK/TBH? From the explanation I heard, its because of their "attitude"....so now its ok not to win as long as you give it all,etc,etc?? Wtheck???

I don't know....when your own countrymen stated that you won't win OG gold and said someone else will be the winner...I don't exactly view that as "constructive cristism"....more like a vote of no confidence before the match even began...How exactly is that supposed to help?

#136 badadum, Dec 23, 2008
  17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

1. LOL, why? because OG comes every 4 years, he has to wait until Aug 2008:rolleyes: Are u disputing that LD wasn't the best MS player for 2 years prior to the OG??

2. LOL, kkk/tbh haven't yet proven me they have TH quality. I'll leave it at that and save my energy. I'll let TH fans take it from here:p Isn't it MAS and INA were old badminton rivalry??

#137 cooler, Dec 23, 2008
  18. badadum

badadum Regular Member

1. That's exactly my point. Even LD and TH failed in their first OG try. KKK/TBH would have to wait 4 more years before the next OG...yet ppl already handicapping them because they haven't won that OG gold... wtheck?? :rolleyes:

2. They pretty much is the dominant pair in MD's from late 2006- mid 2007. The talents and skillset is still there. Age isn't a factor and they still contend with the best there is in MD. I'll leave it at that.

There's something wrong when even a rival can see the ridiculous bashing that's been going on. :rolleyes:

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Making a mockery of the flag does not only mean spitting on it or setting fire to it. :rolleyes:

The AG gold and AE happened in 2007. Done and dusted. In 2008 what happened? Didnt you not read that Rexy took them to task for their unprofessional & arrogant attitude? They won nothing in 2008 and you think by bagging this SS Master they are on the up again?? It is a fact China was missing in this SS Master.

My question to you is what have KKK/TBH won in 2008? And do you consider winning that SS Master an indication that they are on the up?

I have no problems with cocky and confident shuttlers BUT they need to deliver their talk. However, KKK/TBH have been nothing in 2008 except making empty noises. Just before the AE 08, they said "We are ready to plunder in Europe" but look what happened to them in the AE.

Even before the Olympics, LCW have never won anything major. He always fell apart in major tournaments. Even when the WC was held in KL, he crumbled and blamed his coach. Those are facts. By laying down the facts, it is not bashing or back stabbing LCW. Facts are facts. You need to know that.

As for why LCW should give it his all when his own countrymen openly declared that he wont win that OG, well, if one cant take the heat or critics as a professional sportmen, maybe one should do something else like pottery or knitting. Roger Federer has his critics. David Beckham has his. Cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen babe. ;)

Please re-read my comments again. My stand has always been for all the money invested into the game, we are still not seeing the results.

Let me ask you something then. When David Beckham first started out as a junior footballer, was he paid millions of pounds and had those lucrative Adidas contracts?? When Roger Federer first started in tennis was he paid millions of USD??? When Lin Dan was a junior shuttler, he was making tons of cash???

Dude, professional sports is not easy thats why very few ever make it. Again, it is back to my if you cant stand the heat, please get out of the kitchen thingy. ;)

20. danielwong

Salesman

Pemuda, again read my post "i think at least some due recognition is fair for them to consistently produce results...." i don't think they are good now...
    i am not asking you to praise them as they are over the moon now, I will never praise them overly but i won't be stingy or keep my eye blind if they did try their best, maybe their best is not good enough, i admit....but by bashing them and un-rationally asking for them to be splitted seems not the right time...
    about LCW datukship, is true, i am against it as well, but can we blame him?
    Pg governement want to confer him, he cannot say no...
    i am monitoring his progress, but so far he aint KKK, do you agree? beside
    buying new cars, i don't think LCW act like he is being spoiled, he still respect his sinseh, train hard, no blonde hair, still loyal to WMC.....:D:D:D
    don't blame Datuk Lee yet, if he is spoiled like HH, i don't mind to be your alliance....