LASEK eye surgery review.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by SnowWhite, Mar 19, 2023.

1. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

A final update about a detail that I'm noticing.

My vision is perfect. Better than 20/20 apparently. It is so convenient compared to before, to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about finding my glasses or putting in contacts. At the start I would wake up in the morning and worry for half a second because my sharp vision briefly made me think I forgot to take out my contacts the previous night. Now I'm used to it, but I'm definitely still reminded in the morning that I now have perfect vision.

The detail that I'm noticing is that it feels like the outer layer of my eye is thinner (likely because it is). It is very noticeable when I get something in my eye, when cycling for example. It used to be that when it is something relatively small, it would barely be an inconvenience, and would go away with a blink. Only when it was a grain of sand or something relatively bulkier, it would really make an impact and I would have to take a break from whatever I'm doing to get it out. It would be quite disorienting because you can't really focus on another task when it happens. Such is the mental impact.

It happens much more often now. I can only conclude that my eyes don't hold up as well when impacted by dust, bugs, or whatever, than before. It seems like it takes a less significant particle to make the same impact as before.

I'm still very happy with the results, and I would recommend the procedure to anyone. Still, the increased fragility is a significant enough effect to be noted.

visor and Sumanth99 like this.
  2. visor

visor Regular Member

It's not more fragile, more likely more hyper-sensitive than before.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

3. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

Yea... I would say like with people who get their teeth whitening sessions.
    The outer protective 'enamel' layer is scrubbed off; if done too much then the teeth will develop hypersensitivity to cold & warm liquids/food.