LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

If you really can get along with VT80 why shouldn't you stick to it unless you want to try out a new toy or burn some money.

For me, ZF is somehow the racket of hope since the VT80 was way to instable/flexy when it comes to smashing

2. BadBoy087

BadBoy087 Regular Member

officer
    reviews are out,most of them has been positive as this far. hence let's burn some money guys :p

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Lol. What racket did you use before? I mean the VT80 isn't super stiff, but it's stiff alright and didn't seem unstable at all when I tested it. In contrast to the VT70, which I could finally get rid of.
    But I guess you are just slightly better :D

4. fly swatter

fly swatter Regular Member

You must be using a steel pipe if the VT80 is unstable and flexy ;)

5. fly swatter

VTZ-F : First impressions

JP version 3UG5, bp @ 315mm, BG66 ultimax @ 27lb, yonex overgrip wrap

Just got it tonight. Have yet to try on the courts but is definitely more head heavy than VT80 3UG5. In the hand a little bit more head heavy than my VT80 but it doesn't feel it UNTIL you try a few stick smashes - lol feel my ligaments pull a bit. Don't do this without warmups people!

And if you don't like the VT80 because it is too stiff then you are not going like the VTZ as it feels Yonex has gone even further with this racket.

6. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

fly swatter,

did you pick it up in mk?

7. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff

Please give a review when you have a chance. I have a 3UG5 VT80 w/ BG66UM @ 27lbs (same setup). It'd be nice to hear your comparison of the VT-ZF to the VT80.

8. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

I think the impression comes from the head heaviness. Anyway, I'm not the only one who has got problems with the VT80 regarding to hard smashing... but this shouldn't be the topic here unless we are directly comparing referring to our new potential toy :p

9. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

I just got a quote that there will only be 3UG4, 4UG4, and 4UG5

10. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

just had a couple of swings with it. definitely hurts my thumb tendon on the smashes. tend to overpronate too. maybe need to get a 4u instead :S

11. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

12. kaynofx

kaynofx Regular Member

My first swing with VT-ZF-3UG5....I just got it this afternoon....strung with NBG-98 (JP).

More or less the same weight as VT-80. However, VT-ZF felt relatively faster as compared to my VT-80 (also 3UG5).

The racket is also eye-catchy....although in matte finish.

Will have the chance to try it tomorrow night......then can compare it with VT-80.

#832 kaynofx, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  13. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

AzrinRain...could I request larger versions of your VT-ZF pics please? I'd like to add them in my archive of rackets :p

14. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

I'll do that once i figure out how to upload in original size via Photobucket.

15. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Thanks so much!

16. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Mods, how could i get to edit my post (#831) to add bigger size pics?

17. fly swatter

mk?? Nope Kowloon. Hillwood road.

18. fly swatter

When I started using VT80... my routine was to warm up with N90 for a while then. no problems... tendons all warmed up and stretched :p

19. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    that the problem play with yy stiff racket..

20. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Part One - Drool
    Before we begin, let's look at the specs of the reviewed rackets.
    Voltric Z-Force SP : 3UG5
    Voltric Z-Force JP : 3UG4
    Arcsaber Z-Slash SP : 2UG4
    Voltric 80 SP : 3UG5

Handle & Butt Cap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As can be seen, Yonex chooses to retain it's grip pattern from the Voltric series. I was expecting a cross between the Voltric and the Z-Slash, but not that it matters much anyway.

Cone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The JP version sees only the Yonex authenticity sticker, while the SP version has the additional PBSI sticker. (I made sure i picked out the one which had the best placement before i bought it, so there you go.)
    If you notice as well, the racket description for the JP version is different,
    with the absence of the metric measurements and the presence of the GS mark. I have no idea what this one is (this is my first JP racket), if anyone could tell me, it would be very helpful.

[​IMG]
    Yonex has switched over to a new type of authentication sticker. Very noticeable based on the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Reading the shaft and the cone code on the Z-Force can be quite a bit of a challenge, due to the white matte surface (JP version even harder to read), but this is easily tackled with the right amount of light, or good eyesight, or both.
    I loved the shaft serial on my JP racket. Can't get any easier to remember than this. :)

Shaft
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can't help but to notice (up front) the borderline between the gorgeous white matte and the shaft's decals, and it's apparent on both the JP and SP versions. It does give the perfectionist sore eyes, but i believe you'll get used to this after some time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Design-wise, the Z-Force logo is much like the Z-Slash logo, but less bling on that Z.

[​IMG]
    Overall, the shaft size looks the same as the Z-Slash(i don't have a caliper), and slightly thinner than the VT-80.

As pointed out by raksasa.gorgon in another thread, the balance point for the Z-Force never falls out of the Z logo area. I won't bother you with more numbers, since other threads already have this.

Frame/Head
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The order of size is VT-80 > VT-ZF > ARC-ZS. The frame/head is smaller, but Yonex made sure that they do not throw away the head-heaviness by making it as small as the Z-Slash.
    Also pictured is the slightly larger frame/head thickness than the Z-Slash.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The all-familiar Tri-Voltage System is present on the Z-Force (the bumps at the 1-3 o'clock, 5-7 o'clock and 9-11 o'clock), although i've never been able to find out if the so-called sound filter works.

Overall
    [​IMG]
    I like the design of the Z-Force. It looks much better than the spy-shots we had and also the marketing material.
    The green, black and white on the Z-Force gives a fresh look on it, unlike the stale colors Yonex had outed for sometime already.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I somewhat agree to Yonex's idea to slap a big, blingy "Voltric" at the 11 o'clock of the frame/head, as many would easily notice it. A plausible marketing effort there.

[​IMG]
    The matte surface is definitely something to lust for, one of Yonex's better designs (i liked the Cosmic colors as well).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Z-Force retains some of the tribal accents found on the Voltric series while incorporating that with the shiny green (the gold bling from Z-Slash) and the small red and white notches, giving the Z-Force a futuristic look, with a strong aura.

I don't have any scores or ratings to give, as this will differ to other players.
    I believe you should always try out any racket you are interested in before buying.

Hence, this leads us to the end Part One (i did say it was simple), and thanks for your time. I'm sending my rackets for stringing today, and will get to play with it over the next 3 days.
    Part Two should be out by then.
    Part Two will focus on the feel of playing with the Z-Force as compared to the Z-Slash.
    For Part Two, rackets will be strung as follows:
    - JP Z-Force with 4-knot 29x28lbs BG66 Maxima
    - SP Z-Force, SP ARC-ZS with 4-knot 29x28lbs BG66 Ultimax

DISCLAIMER: I am not endorsed or supported by Yonex, or it's subsidiaries, neither i am doing this for personal gain. Rackets are of my own collection.