Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    he is getting old.. so better keep in shape and less macdonalds please. ;)

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks. Your opinion noted. However I felt LCW lost to the match. Points below posted by Rogerv2 are similar to what I think. There were many instances in the 3rd game that he should have smash like in game 2 but played a drop which were retrieved by CL and subsequently lost the point.

Remark : Re-phrase.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    For LCW to lose that match, credit has to be given to Chen Long

No worries... I was only commenting from what I think.

Yes, LCW played the dropshots, but CL was able to retrieve them.

IMHO, credit has to be given to Chen Long. :):):)

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yes, credit must be given to Chen Long; he played out of his skin to win this match. Definitely the best game of his life, so far.

As for LCW, I had this feeling he was holding back on using his shoulder too much too often, but then he didn't want to give away the match, but it was a bit too late because at the last stages CL was giving as good as he got. Besides, LCW's range and accuracy did appear to be a bit off to me on the drops and drives.

To CL's credit, I have never seen LCW panting as much as he was at the last stage of the match!!! Note to TSB: LCW needs MORE intense anaerobic workouts as punishment! :D:D:D

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yes, CL played like he knew where to exploit LCW. CL's defence was strong and he engaged LCW in the forecourt with fast drives to the body. Throughout CL looked calm and had bags of energy in reserve. Credit must also be given to the CHn coaching staff for their prep work.

That said, agree that LCW looked a little out of sorts and his smash didn't carry the usual sting (holding back due to the shoulder issue). Only LCW knows at what % level he played the match.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    also must give credit to Sho Sasaki who repeated exposed LCW's weaknesses in his match against him.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Sasaki? Do you mean Kenichi Tago? I think Sasaki got beaten by CJ in the first round.. Tago made a good showing, but they have had close games before like AE final 2010 (21-19,21-19).

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ops. you're right. it was Tago!

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    If Tago did expose LCW's weaknesses, which I think he did a little, it is best for LCW to finish off his matches with the shortest time possible. The longer you stay on court, the more weaknesses you will reveal to all your opponents.

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

A win is a win. Sometimes u win, sometimes u lost. No big deal. We should be glad that we are having more stronger new comers other than just LD & LCW. This is good for MS baddy.As professional player, u should be prepared well for a matchday disregard of what happened before. U could have a day off before due to WO, but u could therefore be rusty... U may have a tough match but this just wake u up and sharpen u for the next match... U could face a weak opponent, so just like having another practice. U many have a tough training every having a WO. Who knows???What matters is how u compose urself on the court!!! Ur coach and team could prepare u 100%, but u might play crap on the court!So just give both LCW & LD their deserved credit by showing us a very good match, enjoy what they did from badminton point of view....

#6450 Jonc108, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ...and this, gentlemen, is what too little sleep and too much moderation/television/RedLabel will do for you every time!!!
    How ever can you mistake a goofball for anything else????? (much less a Sumo wrestler...) :D:D:D

12. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

As for CL celebrating LD style, actually LCW has become the standard to gauge up and coming players from CHina for Chinese players. LD has said that in his opinion at this time, LCW is the most complete and perfect player. LD says that it is not just his opinion but that of his colleagues, coaches and tactical instructors (those who analise videos). Therefore it is not surprising for CL to celebrate when he beat LCW. I used to get annoyed when LD did it but after knowing his feelings about LCW, I know that they have immense respect for LCW and cant contain their joy when they have defeated the most perfect player in the world. The standard which they gauge their game.

#6452 sonnymak, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I m surprised you said CL played like he knew where to exploit LCW. Haven t you heard how CHN train their players? By rote! That means CL would have trained and played many matches with LCW clones before the real encounter. Nothing wrong with that because that is the only way they can defeat LCW. LCW is the exclusive CHN syllabus. Downside is they can get mental block for outside the syllabus MS.That s why CL can lose to players outside his syllabus. Like Kevin Cordon. That s why when non-CHN MS are in LCW s half, they should be delighted to meet CHN MS because CHN MS would not prepare for them and if their skills are decent and they do meticulous video homework, they can stun CHN MS with the surprise element.( Wah, you read my every move, coach, next time must include this one in the syllabus!) How else to explain DPY s loss to INA s Hayom who has lost to just about 'everyone' so far this year. Hayom should have his confidence up, scalping a CHN MS. It means his standard is not bad. Decent skills, meticulous video homework supporting match preparations and stamina to play high level for 2 games, the chance is great to take out a CHN MS in LCW s half!

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Did you watch the match? If you did, you'll have noticed CL played tactically astute badminton. He was well prepared by his coaches and he executed the game plan–just. I've never seen CL look that comfortable against LCW. BUT... when LCW is back at his usual level, normal service will resume.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yeah, how long can CL remember the script? The key is to take the first game, rest in the second game and hope for the best in G3. You think CL can take LCW out in 2 games? It s not that easy to sustain high level throughout for two games. Mentally exhausting, not the physical part. Even LD cannot sustain for 2 games at a stretch now but LD s problem is physical. LD s next walkover defect likely to be ear.( which is important for balance so cannot play because may trip and cause injury, dashing OG12 dream.)

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

2 games? 3 games. No matter to him. He won.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LCW just had a bad day in the office on Sunday 25th September 2011 at around 2.00pm.

18. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

actually come to think of it you sure LD's problem is physical? if you rmb after LCW WC11 defeat to LD, I rmb LCW having cramps and other stuffs and was feeling nausea too right? while LD was still in good condition other than being exhausted? so I guess actually LCW had to play beyond what his body can handle and this resulted in the following effects I mentioned above..

19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    At the highest level, it is part an parcel to have injuries here and there. Even the same for not so competitive games. It is how you hide it and play to your best. No excuses please. ;)

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

[video=youtube;TPZRuFWXwLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZRuFWXwLE[/video]