Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    An overnight transformation for Li Xuerui in addressing Chen Jin's new role, from (elder brother Jin) into (instructor Chen) :p

btw Chen Jin is very patient and attentive in his new role as the (assistant) coach, after Tang Xuehua finishing his briefs, Chen Jin will carry on animatedly until the time is off. He should be a successful coach in future.

I wish him all the best in his new career!

#722 kelana, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Check out this little boy:

[video]http://player.56.com/v_NzA3NDMxNTk.swf[/video]

4. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    The facial expression still remains. The man was too harsh for the little girl.

5. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Marvellous,stirring yet cute and heartwarming - our 10-year-old wonderkid already showing signs of a future superstar! Whoever filmed this video must have been impressed then as we are now. Born for badminton,indeed.

7. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  9. Drive Warrior

Drive Warrior Regular Member

Engineer
  10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the good thing is she escape the curse on china ws wc.
    see how zhu lin,lu lan,wang lin end up?

11. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Good point. Maybe LXR lost the WC final on purpose, to avoid this curse.

12. keenobserver

keenobserver Regular Member

retired
    No danger of LXR to lose her no.1 spot till end of the year.

-

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I can only hope that this minor, but significant to her, setback at WC'13 has a silver lining for her. If she had won it she would have practically completed the so-called grand slam in badminton with titles such as the Olympics, the Superseries Finals, The Uber Cup, the Sudirman Cup, the All-England (to many of us),the BAC (only missing the Asian Games ) at a relatively young age of 22. As it is,her rise to the top has been too smooth and too fast, I was wondering if it might actually do her more harm than good for her career in the long run.

So,paradoxically speaking, a setback or two at the early stage of her already quite successful career might serve as an impetus strengthening her resolve, enabling her to grow and mature steadily, and as a constant reminder never to let success get into her head but to continue humbly learning and acquiring valuable lessons and enriching herself with valuable lifelong experience. There's still a long way ahead of her and time is on her side. As such, patient effort, unending diligence and humble persistence without letting success go to her head or failure to her heart -- are the ingredients for success to scale even greater heights as she is well capable of.

#733 Justin L, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  14. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    I feel that she is not comfortable being #1 and the one everyone want to beat. Her badminton skill is by far the best in WS. I believe she will be Lin Dan in WS if she has LD'S mental strength.

15. *___*

*___* Regular Member

Could someone please link me to Xuerui's Tieba/ blog?

Thank you.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.qq.com/a/20131117/004472.htm
    This article confirms what RedShuttle once reported about LXR and WYH both being bitten by insects at the hotel where they stayed during the Denmark Open last month. The insect bites caused rashes and itchiness all over their bodies, much worse for LXR who withdrew at the QF stage than for WYH whose condition worsened later until the finals stage; after that, both of them were forced to withdraw from the French Open the following week.

For LXR who has sensitive fair skin, the mosquito bite marks on her hands,legs and a few on her face became worse as she scratched them turning red ,swollen and itchier. It grew unbearable after R2 esp when she perspired so much so that coach Zhang Ning approved of her withdrawal from the tournament.

No wonder during her CHN Open final with Wang Shixian, I noticed several patches or marks on LXR's arms, some a bit blur on her face.

Now , with WSX winning the runner-up she will have added 9350 points which I believe should catapult her to the top of the OSIM SS Standing for Women's Singles. As for LXR, the championship earns her 11,000 points to bring her within the top 3 or 4, I think.

However, there is still one last HK SS tournament to go before we know who will be the final 8 to qualify for the SSF.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Xuerui has registered on tieba. She goes by the name 'zhuer', her post is titled 'I am Li Xuerui'.
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1980455753

[h=1]我是雪芮[/h]

大家好!我是雪芮,今天刚到上海参加中国公开赛。在房间闲着没事,跑来贴吧看看。看到大家对我的关心,鼓励,很感动[​IMG]!特地跑去注册一个账号,想来谢谢大家!!![​IMG](这么突然地冒出来,好像不太合适,可是也不知道该怎么办,估计会觉得我是假冒的。。。)昨天打联赛时很尴尬的摔了一跤,实在是有点丢脸,还好没受伤,就是屁股有点疼。。刚找队医治疗了一下,没什么大碍,请大家放心。。周三开始比赛,还有两天时间训练,我会加油滴!雄起雄起!!!有点晚了,大家晚安吧。我有时间会经常上来看看的。总之谢谢大家对我的关心,支持!大家一起加油!!![​IMG]

[FONT=瀹嬩綋]()[/FONT]​

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Here's my humble translation of the above LXR's blogpost at Tieba written three days before the China Open :

Hello, everybody! I am Li Xuerui, just arrived at Shanghai today to participate in the China Open championship. Feeling idle in the room, I look in at Tieba. Saw all your concerns and encouragement for me, very touched.

Thought I should specially register an account to thank all of you! (Suddenly appearing in this manner doesn't seem quite right but I don't know what to do, guess you may think I 'm a fake...)

Yesterday while playing at the league, had an awkward fall, actually a bit embarrassing; OK, not injured,just a little pain in the buttocks. Just seen the team doctor for some medical treatment, nothing serious, please set your mind at ease.

Competition begins Wednesday, there is still two days of training, I will work hard. Arise! Arise!

It's kind of late, goodnight everybody. I 'll come here often whenever I 've the time. In short, thank you everybody for your care and support! Let's go for it, JiaYou !!!

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It turned out that LXR took her WC defeat rather badly. She said,' After losing at the world championships, I sank into a period of depression. Then followed the Chinese National Games and upon returning to the BAYI Team, I didn't feel like touching the racquet/shuttle.' Speaking of that period, she claimed that she is still in the process of growing up (not mature yet), otherwise she would not suffer defeat at the world championships.

At the China Open where she came from behind to beat Wang Shixian narrowly to successfully defend her title, LXR again expressed that she is still at a growing up stage. After taking the final matchpoint, LXR in a rare scene threw off her racquet, raised her arms and yelled in delight. She admitted,'My stamina wasn't good at all, the multiple rallies were strenuous, Wang Shixian's court coverage was too good."

She also related the insect bites incident during the Denmark Open which affected her form of late (see my post#737 above). Winning the China Open title in her home country has helped LXR regained some of her self-confidence, she indicated. http://sports.qq.com/a/20131118/000688.htm