Lin Dan new weapons

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Tango97, Mar 6, 2009.

1. kittiya

kittiya Regular Member

just watched the ABC Suwon tournament on tv.... wang yihan have switched to a li-ning racket

2. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Im not a bro but i can help you with that question

From the information i got .... Lin Dan already start using his at700 new since all england 2009 ... he is also using at700 old during men's final on beijing olympic .. never heard he's using the limited one before

sorry .. old stuff answer

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Did you see the Li Ning logo on the strings or do you see the Li Ning logo on the butt of the handle ?

4. thambert

thambert Regular Member

ya, its confirmed that the national team will all be switching to li ning and the racquets u see them using in abc are all from lining. take a look at this article link http://www.chinavalue.net/Blog/BlogThread.aspx?EntryID=145469 n this http://www.chinavalue.net/Blog/BlogThread.aspx?EntryID=145467

小编亲眼在李宁公司见到了国家队用拍,还挥舞了几下,算是国内最早的人之一吧
    -This article roughly states that representative of yoger.com.cn (one of the online sports equipment store who has secured the rights to selling the new lining range of racquets now being used by the china national team) is one of the earliest few who had went down to the lining company and actually saw the national team trying n playing with various new models of lining racquets and tried them himself and the racquets model names are catagorised into 4 chinese characters, mainly 风,火,林,山 or storm , flame, wood and rock respectively. The following are excerpts from the articles with my own translation. hope u can understand.

风:
    御凌风:STORM N70
    疾影风: STORM N77
    分析,就像是YONEX的顶级羽拍NS系列一样,N的意思代表NANO,纳米的意思,应该是目前最好的羽毛球拍科技了。(top range of racquets similar to yy nanospeed series)
    代言人(users known as at date of article) :傅海峰(fu haifeng),谢杏芳(xie xingfang)

火:
    炫雷火:FLAME N50
    霹雳火: FLAME N55
    分析:这款羽拍强调爆发力(this range is mainly for attacking style of play)
    user: 陈金( chen jin)

林:
    啸天林:WOODS N90
    代言人(user): 猛男丹 ( lin dan)

山:
    纤仭山:ROCKS N30
    云动山:ROCKS N33

(opinions of the racquets tried)
    根据优个网(www.yoger.com.cn )小编的测试,所有的羽拍都很重,很硬,很暴力
    -all racquets tried are all rather heavy,stiff and very explosive

从颜色上来说,火与林系列都是红色,不过红色有点不太一样。
    -flame n wood series colour is red but a slightly different kind of hue.(xie xingfangs racquet does look reddish pink)

风系列是蓝色,有点素雅的蓝色。
    - storm series colour is blue

山系列是有点白色和黑色搭配,很有点中国画的色彩。
    - rock series colour is white n black combined, a bit like the chinese calligraphy type of colour.( think this description fits the racquets being seen in the hands of wang lin, zhu lin , chen long, dai pengyu etc)

thats about all. hope to see the close up pics n specs soon! :)

#44 thambert, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I like the name ! Like lifted from martial art novel !

Maybe if you combine all of them, it will unleash even greater powers !

Can't wait to see the actual racquet.

6. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    It surprises me that Fu Haifeng would choose to use a racket that's similar to to the NS series.

7. kittiya

kittiya Regular Member

in the finals ma jin and xie xingfang played with a pink racket (its definitely not an arc saber 9)

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    So any brothers can confirm Lin dan is using WOODS N90 racket and what model of Li ning shoe he is wearing ?

9. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    [​IMG]
    The Li Ning cloud moves mountain ROCKS the N33 badminton racket (country feather doubles master Cai 贇 exclusive) [the serial number: 101909] Splits out Gao Tian to flow the cloud style of playing, the peaks on top of peaks strategy, is precisely the cloud moves mountain Rocks N33. ¥0.00 Yuan discount: 0 bow and scrape the province: 0 Yuan
    [​IMG]
    Li Ning filament ancient measure of length mountain ROCKS N30 badminton racket (country feather apex master Xie Xingfang exclusive) [serial number: 101908] Filament sensitive feel, the tenacious style of playing, splits out the soul-stirring battle of attrition, is precisely filament ancient measure of length mountain Rocks N30.
    [​IMG]
    Li Ning dazzles thunder fire FLAME the N50 badminton racket (the country feather doubles main force Fu seamount exclusive) [the serial number: 101904] The strong trend bounces, erupts Thunderclap to make a sneak attack, dazzles moves the entire athletic field, dazzles thunder fire Flame N50
    [​IMG]
    Li Ning hot-tempered person FLAME N55 series badminton racket (country feather apex master Chen Jin exclusive) [serial number: 101905] Anger assaults, the thunder divides the buckle, in the continual attack, lets the match incapable great power, is precisely hot-tempered person Flame N55.
    [​IMG]
    Li Ning imperial insults wind STORM the N70 badminton racket (country feather apex master Bao Chunlai exclusive) [the serial number: 101906] When defense the wind and rain is airtight, when attack swift and fierce peerless, is precisely imperial insults wind Storm N70.
    [​IMG]
    Li Ning abhors shade wind STORM the N77 badminton racket (country feather doubles master Du Jing, Yu Yang exclusive) [the serial number: 101907] The wings divide hang, change like vigorous tornado; The preceding performance blocks, the nimble like non-shade, is precisely illness shade wind Storm N77.
    [​IMG]
    Li Ning eating delicacies day forest WOODS N90 badminton racket (Lindane special-purpose) [serial number: 101903] Eating delicacies day forest Woods N90, gives up study the acme display a Lindane body

Enjoy it :D
    err translate is not perfect.....but still can understand :D

#49 issarakaya, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  10. thambert

thambert Regular Member

good job, u beat me to it this time:) its good enough, dont worry. most important thing is that we get to see the racquets up close :) Looks wise, i kind of like rocks n33 n flame n50 55. not sure about the feel when playing though . hmm i wonder who will be selling lining racquets in singapore first and how much would they cost ? hope they are not as expensive as yy !!

11. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    The number reminds me Nokia phone :p
    Personally i like N70 and N90 look :D My friend inform me the price is almost equal to YY high end price so i think our hope is has a slim chance to happen.......as long as Li Ning set the price not higher than YY (like SOTX W16) i think i'll get it :D

12. Tsumaranai

Student
    There seem to be some inconsistencies with thambert's post, regarding which rackets the China team players are using.

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The descriptions seem to be have been written by a medieval meteorologist with generous assistance from a geologist :rolleyes:

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    IMO, these new LN racket series were made/painted for the chinese team in mind, with a mix of resemblance of recent design and old trusty yonex models.

wood N90, a racket for Lin Dan, similar to the yonex's AT700/AT700 LTD, just mixing of red, white and black. Main theme is still red lower half, and white top with some black to differentiate.

Flame N50 definitely to mirror the Arc Saber 10

N30 to mirror the Arc Saber 9 aiming at the women player market, having XXF using it helps alot.

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

This is supposed to be a picture on April 14th. What is this about:confused:

Attached Files:

16. Tsumaranai

Student
    Is he allowed to still practice with Yonex rackets? I'm not certain of sponsorships stating that you MUST use their rackets in practice, but perhaps it is just in games.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

there is no point of practising with LN and use at700 in tournaments.

My current guess is that china team get team sponsorship from LN, extra bonuses for each player to use LN equips like shoes and rackets. I'm very sure all the players would use their fav's strings which are very very likely yonex's.

#57 cooler, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  18. thambert

thambert Regular Member

haha my post is just based on a preview report that the guys at yoger.com.cn had written not my own report :D more importantly , you can see all the racquets clearly and who are the ones going to be using them.No more guessing hehe. The question now on most people's mind would be how much they will cost. Between $150-$180 ? :confused:

19. Tsumaranai

Student
    I believe you meant the inverse. Anyway, they could have their reasons. Professionals are probably better able to adapt to rackets quickly. Their strokes will be the same, anyway.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

thx for the first correction.

However, i don't buy your last comment. Maybe in round 1 or 2, come SF and final, where the difference of winning versus losing could be small, adapting is not a luxury in these serious matches. If they could adapt so easily, they don't need to change shuttle or put powder on grips.