Lining GC200R PRO

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Ludwik, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Hey there, I've been using the Lining GC200R (AXJM058-54) towel grip for quite some time now. Got three rolls, already on my second one. It's been great—thin, durable, and feels pretty comfortable overall.

I recently found the Lining GC200R PRO (ASJT091-1) on the Lining Taiwan site, and it's at the same price as the one I'm currently using. Wondering if any of you have given it a shot and if there's any noticeable difference between the Pro and non-Pro versions.

Sent from my RMX3363 using Tapatalk

2. Tito711

Tito711 New Member

I was actually looking for user reviews for LiNing GC200R and sounds like it is a positive review from you. Would you know how they compare to Yonex Towel Grip AC402EX-30?

Ludwik likes this.
  3. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

For reference I use a Yonex G5 grip size and prefer a thin grip as close to a overgrip + barewood combo.

Yonex AC402-EX, although it's been a while since I used it, tends to feel thicker and fluffier compared to Lining GC200R. It takes a few weeks to lose its fluffiness and attain the desired thinness, unlike GC200R, which starts thin from the beginning.

On the flip side, GC200R tends to get rougher quickly. Unsure if it's due to my use of liquid chalk or its less fluffy nature compared to other towel grips.

According to forum discussions, Lining GC200R is more akin to AC402-DX but is pricier and available only in single packets, not rolls.

Sent from my RMX3363 using Tapatalk

Tito711 and swunk like this.
  4. swunk

swunk Regular Member

yes same experience here
    402-ex taiwan made is much thicker than DX, but DX is much pricier. Although i use EX now directly on the handle - this ways the thickness is ok.
    I tried GC200R and it has nice thickness, very close to DX, but i found it too slippery for me.

Ludwik likes this.
  5. swunk

swunk Regular Member