Looking for 3rd racket-88d,100zz

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Sensates, Aug 24, 2023.

1. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    TKFE feels very good in hand, maybe I should accept from now that either close to or exactly even balance rackets are the one for me. Couldn’t fulfil my head heavy ego:oops:.

#21 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 6, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
  2. Vellawolf

Vellawolf Regular Member

So how does the 4U TKFE compare to 3U N9II ?? In terms of speed/power/control ??

Also can you post a picture of the transparent handle ? I havent seen the normal handle as well. Does it make any difference in performance ?

Have you tried the Bladex series? They're supposed to be in the same Turbo charging even balance category.

#22 Vellawolf, Sep 8, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
  3. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    It is just the usual ‘plastic’ freecore handle which is transparent. Personally I felt wooden handle feel stiff, and the plastic ones feel like they bend slightly (during a full swing while smashing only and not in other strokes), to explain it even further feels like a stiffer whip(you just have to test it personally and you’ll get what I am trying to explain). Also the hitting feel is pretty good, just the nice vibrations are transmitted.

Speed N9II~TKFE4U
    Control- it is pretty early to say but because it was the first day or maybe the head shape is different or could be the freecore handle, my cross slice drops were not confidence inspiring enough, consecutively went into the net. Must be as it was Day 1.
    Power- N9II wins it hands down. But I am moving to these (TKFE4U) lighter even balance rackets just to develop my technique using finger power. I am focussing on consecutive smashing and lighter the racquet, the better my consistency will be(well that’s the plan for now)

Turbocharging is an aero frame series, BladeX is a box frame right, cmimw.
    For now I am not interested in trying out the BladeX, as I have ordered a Nanoflare 1000 game and Halbertec 8000 will be next, as I feel I should give the 1000 game some due time and properly test it out. But I am very much interested in x900 sun max.

#23 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 8, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    Vellawolf likes this.
  4. Sensates

Sensates Regular Member

Just to follow up, I had one excellent session with the tkfe and afterwards 2 mediocre ones, I wonder if that's because I changed the grip from towel to over. Baffles me but I'm still learning.

What I can confirm is I do like it more than 77pro or arc11pro, just need to adjust my play style to less power smash.

Vellawolf likes this.
  5. Vellawolf

Vellawolf Regular Member

I also got the TKFE 4U and had a horrible first session (absolutely messed up my traps/shoulders, less accuracy) although felt really good during warm up but it cloud be racket was strung incorrectly(way less tension then ordered).

Did you get it strung at the same tension and string as your previous rackets ? Why do want to 'less power smash' ?

6. Sensates

Sensates Regular Member

Tension/string are not the same but similar, I got it used and want so save on strings lol

The racket is less hh than my other rackets so less powerful for big smashes but allows me to do it repeatedly, which is one of my struggle with ori 88D. Still getting used to the slightly odd swing but it's a refreshing change from my usual Yonex experience.

7. Sensates

Sensates Regular Member

Update: After experimenting around with a few rackets I'm going full circle back to the original 3u 88d and 77pro.

Tried: TKFE 4u: Slight HH but easy to use. Was an enriching experience but ultimately I couldn't get used to the whole combination (swing flow and plastic handle)

88D Pro 4u: If I like the 88d the pro should be the natural upgrade right? Unfortunately not for me. I feel the change in grip length, shaft diameter and flex ultimately change it's whole character. I'm puzzled as many described this is an easier 88d to play with, I find it the opposite. Was also not a fan of the large grommets.

NF 800 Pro 3u: Big fan, super easy to use but smashes are rarely lethal. Realized aero frame might not for me.
    88D Ori 4u: This is my favorite to play with for doubles, until I broke it :( Feels easier to navigate than the pro, while being much more punchy and fun to play.
    100zz 4u: Fast and lethal, but I don't use it anymore. I have timing issues with this racket.

77 Pro 3u: So I'm coming back to this racket after 6 months of experimenting . It is to me the most similar spec and feel wise to old 88d which I still prefer but being more flexible and easier to use.

#27 Sensates, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024