Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Looking for a partner to play at OCBC or in OC!!

Discussion in 'USA West' started by jane_b10, Feb 20, 2014.

1. jane_b10

jane_b10 New Member

RN
    Hello ^_^

I'm Jane! I am looking for a partner to play badminton with in Orange County. I'm 23 & live in Westminster. So I am thinking to get a membership at OCBC because I would like to play 4-5 times a week! I really miss badminton & would like to get back in the game! I consider myself an average player. I played in high school team for a year then was playing here and there during my college years but since I graduated from nursing school, I've been working non-stop. But badminton is something I really love, so I will make time for it so I can get to play it again! The available time for me during the week day is after 7:30 PM because of my work schedule. During the weekends, I can play at anytime.

I'm looking for a partner who can give me guidance & can help me to get better! I'm willing to work hard & learn! I'm passionate about badminton & would love to meet & learn from the people who share the shame passion in this extraordinary sport. If you would like to talk first please feel free to email me at janebui10@gmail.com

:D:D:D

2. djbinter

djbinter Regular Member

You can also try SGVBC2 in Pomona. There are many types of players there.

3. B@dEyes

B@dEyes Regular Member

Hi, Jane!

try this link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PYnXUIVyMA2nxt8wFkND0XCdcFXZuFVluKLbXX69qRk/preview (scroll down to Irvine/Orange County area listing). Some listings seem outdated so I suggest you contact them first before heading out.

Garden Grove Recreation Center is closest to you...and I'm play there. At the moment its hours are:

1. Saturday 6-10 PM - $5/day
    2. Sunday 5-8 PM - $3/day
    3. Sunday 6:30-9:30 AM - $4/day
    4. M-T-Th-F-S 6:30-9 AM - $15/month with $50 initiation fee.

Starting April, it'll have 2 additional sessions:
    1. Monday 6-9 PM - $3/day
    2. Thursday 6-9 PM - $3/day

HTH
    Lee

4. jane_b10

jane_b10 New Member

RN
    [MENTION=67481]djbinter[/MENTION]: thanks for ur suggestion! Unfortunately, Pomona is kinda far away for me. But thanks anyway! :)

5. jane_b10

jane_b10 New Member

RN
    [MENTION=33420]B@dEyes[/MENTION]: just reply ur email. Thanks :)

6. jane_b10

jane_b10 New Member

RN
    I finally signed up for OCBC membership so yay!! I will be playing after I get out of work from 730pm! I'm going to try to play every night but mostly I will be playing a lot on the weekends!! So please let me know if anyone willing to practice with me or just to have fun playing badminton XD