Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Looking for an upgrade from an AT150

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by The Punisher522, May 23, 2007.

1. The Punisher522

The Punisher522 Regular Member

Student
    Hello,

I am currently looking for an upgrade racquet. I currently have an AT150 that I bought just over a year ago. The racquet worked great for me and but I want something with more power. The only thing that is really limiting my decision is the shaft flexibility. I am looking at the armortec racquets that are above mine, namely the AT700. I am afraid that if I get a racquet with a stiff shaft, I won't be able to generate the same power that I can now. Any input or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is difficult to make a recommendation without knowing what level you are at.

as you are looking for more power, firstly, i want to clarify that a racket doesn't give you power, you yourself does, but if the racket is doesn't match you strength/technique level, it might take power away from you.

so when you play next time, pay attention to how it feels when you try to hit a long clear or a smash, does the racket feel soft? or does it feel stiff?

- if it feel soft then perhaps moving to a stiffer racket is good.
    - but if it feel stiff and snappy, then i am afraid you need to think about your own technique first, moving to a stiffer racket will only take even more power away from you.

also, you can ask your friends and borrow their racket for a few rally and test them out, see which one feels good on your hands.