Looks like a real crack - Voltric Z force II

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by drb16, Sep 21, 2016.

1. drb16

drb16 New Member

Hello all,
    Second day after purchase, during a doubles match with a novice partner, ended up clashing.
    Guts are fine. Played few more matches after the clash, no noticeable difference. Play was normal.

Could see heavy paint chipping and also a very thin line (zig zag), that appears to be a crack.
    Scratching over the line doesn't indicate any presence of crack. Maybe it is hairline, hard to notice by friction?

Obviously warranty doesn't cover this.

Being an expensive purchase, feeling quite bad.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Definitely looks like a crack. Might be ok right now with even stress from the strings but when your strings break the racket head may break right through at the crack. Even if it doesn't, at stringing will be highly likely to break it.

3. drb16

drb16 New Member

Can araldite or any other stronger adhesives fix it?

4. druss

druss Regular Member

Problem with adhesives is they don't flex so it creates a stiff point where it's applied.

5. drb16

drb16 New Member

Oh! I didn't think about that. Quite a valid point.

Maybe this thought is incorrect - since it is Tri voltage system (3 points in head are thicker) and this crack is dead close to the 10' clock position), I am thinking flexibility shouldn't be much there. A little adhesive should be ok?

What are your thoughts please?

6. Stainlesstyle

Stainlesstyle New Member

I would say to apply some glue and keep playing with it. You don't have much other choice really, doesn't look like warranty would fix from a clash. Make the most of what you have, and have a spare racquet ready.

7. druss

druss Regular Member

Ya, basically your racket is probably going to crack worse when you break a string if you have a high tension or when you try to get it restrung. Add some glue and you should get a bit more life out of it but just don't count on it lasting after a string breaks.

That really sucks btw, sorry for your loss. At least it was from a game clash, i broke a racket once doing a dumb between the legs shot when i hit my left shin.

8. whitesky86

whitesky86 New Member

IT Tech
    I rmb racket from sunrise have the clash warranty that's why i buy from them.. you might want to check on it they might be able to do something for it

9. Jeremyng90

Jeremyng90 Regular Member

here the bad news ! My Zspeed has similar crack too so sorry to say that it wont last for long before it totally broke ................... u will start to realise that the crack will getting longer and longer

10. Slade

Slade Regular Member

Depends. Epoxy resins do flex, though epoxy putties such as JB Weld are stiffer. If that were my racket I'd try some epoxy.