Mid balanced/slight hh 3U rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Swat, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Looking for 3U rackets, mid balanced to slight head heavy and stiff shaft. I’d like a swing weight around 87 +/- 1. Semi-aero frame to box. And available in Europe.

I would want a 88sp on the lighter side of 3U if I could find any… what are the options?

2. AraKyra

AraKyra New Member

I would try victor tk-fe or arc11p in 3u.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

I used Arc 11 Pro previously and have switched to Gosen Inferno Raid recently. Very nice, repulsive, fast yet powerful. Give it a try if you can.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

4. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Interesting… I know a local club who sells Gosen. Will try this one if they have it :)

visor likes this.
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

Swat likes this.
  6. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Victor DriveX 9x, Li Ning Aeronaut 9000c

Swat likes this.
  7. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I got to try it for a session yesterday along with a 3u Arc 11 pro. I was surprised how fast the Inferno frame is, to me it felt as fast as a JS10, but heavier. I would need a lot more time to get used to that and I don’t see so much need for such a fast frame as I’m mostly playing singles. Feels like a nice racket, though,

The Arc 11p was much easier to get along with. Feels like a similar swing weight to my 4u 88d pro, heavier, but with the weight evenly distributed. I could go with this, but this kind of numb feeling is a bit strange. I guess it’s the ”hold”-thing I’m feeling and it makes me wish for a more repulsive string - which would kind of go against the rackets intention…

It felt great when I switched back to my 88dp, but I still want a nice 3u racket for the times when I’m not enjoying the head heavy feeling of the racket :)

8. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

IMO, I would not recommend ppl trying 88S Pro 3U since the racket is heavy and doesn't offer any smashing power at all compared to similar specs racket like Aeronaut 9000/9000C or Ryuga 2 3U. Arc 11 Pro 3U is also another good option.

#8 Zoap San, Apr 19, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  9. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I think for very strong players you would get great smashes with a 3u 88dp, but I'm not that strong. As I said, a lighter 3u 88sp would be close to what I'm looking for.
    3u Arc 11p was nice and I got good control and good enough smashes with it. So it might be it, if I could get along with the numb/hold feel. (I kind of like a more direct response.)
    Fz Forza Aero Power 1088 is a nice option as well, even if I wish it was a tad heavier.

10. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

my bad i meant 88S Pro I miss typed.

11. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Have you tried Ryuga 2 3u? (I have only tried the 4u.) Interested how the swing weight is in relation to Arc 11 pro or 88s pro (3u).

TKF-E in 3u could be nice, but I don't think it's available in EU.

12. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Maybe the Jnice Black Panther 3u version ‍♂️

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Heh... You can never have enough speed nor repulsion from a racket.

Arc 11 Pro is so nummmmmb. It felt like I was wearing a glove when playing with it. I have no idea why anyone would want to design that feature into a racket? Because of that the stringbed rebound has a slight delay
    Compare this to the Inferno Raid which is instantaneous and 1000% crispier!

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Swat likes this.
  14. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've tried Ryuga 2 3U for 1-2 games. Alot more offensive oriented than 4U version for sure. Ryuga 2 3U plays similar to the old Ryuga 4U. Most of my friend who used Ryuga 1 4U changed to Ryuga 2 3U since they found Ryuga 2 4U a bit too light. Most of them liked Ryuga 2 3U more than Ryuga 1 4U tho since it's more user friendly in terms of shaft action and softer feel due to free core. Some ppl just don't like the feel-core but the performance don't lie.

Swat likes this.
  15. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Yeah, I think it’s just something to get used to. Like learning to feel where the head is, but it’s not like a head-light racket… I’m intrigued to test it more and if I see a good deal on the Inferno I might get it. It’s quite expensive where I am, considering it’s such a small brand.

16. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I’m getting a lot more power with a 88s pro than a Arc 11 pro (3u), so it’s probably personal, but the power potential is definitely in the 88s pro. I agree it’s too heavy, but it feels really smooth, solid and stable.

I haven’t found a shop yet who would weight them for me, so I consider ordering a bunch of 3u’s and pick the lightest of them.

17. TuukaKuuga

TuukaKuuga New Member

Lining 3D caliber 900B. Boxy aero frame and 3u, quite fast and still very solid. Probably Lining's best all-round racket, but I'm not sure about availability where you are...

pootisfoib and Swat like this.
  18. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Thanks!
    Looking at data/specs it seems very similar to the TC75/N9ii but less aero frame - or what’s the main differences?

19. TuukaKuuga

TuukaKuuga New Member

Yes quite similar. Do you already have the TC75? 900b would be a slightly boxier frame with more stability while also staying quite speedy (but not quite turbocharging frame speedy). Bit better for singles than TC75. Seems to fit your description exactly.

20. TuukaKuuga

TuukaKuuga New Member

Also, swing weight checks out. 87kg/cm^2
    upload_2023-4-23_4-39-4.png

visor likes this.