Mizuno vs. Asics: The Durability Duel - Share Your Badminton Shoe Insights!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Ludwik, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on the hunt for new badminton shoes. Over the past year, I've been using the Victor A970Ace, and it's been a reliable pair. Now, I'm considering trying out different brands like Asics and Mizuno. People I know and various forums have suggested that these brands offer greater durability compared to what I've used before. I've shortlisted three options: Asics Court Control FF 3, Mizuno Wave Fang 2, and Mizuno Wave Fang Pro. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Asics Court Control FF 3.

While researching these shoes, I stumbled upon Asics' PGuard technology, similar to Victor's V-Durable+ technology, which promises added durability in high wear areas of the toe box. It's been working well on my A970 pair, but I couldn't find an equivalent technology for Mizuno. I'm curious about your experiences with Mizuno shoes' upper durability.

My second choice, the Wave Fang 2, received mixed reviews, with some users mentioning its shorter lifespan, as shared on badmintoncn. Lastly, the Wave Fang Pro, despite being a premium option crafted from real leather, concerns me regarding maintenance due to its white color. However, if it offers exceptional durability, I'm open to considering it.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these options and which pair you'd recommend. Your advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my RMX3363 using Tapatalk

2. supersmashbros

supersmashbros New Member

Have d ff3s. D tough guard section on d inner sides of d shoe resists dragging marks well as compared to yy 65z. Light n agile shoe, but narrow so unsuitable for wide feet. Responsive cushioning, more akin to yy than victor. Would classify as a speed shoe, more so than 65z etc

dnewguy and Ludwik like this.
  3. viver

viver Regular Member

I like Mizuno shoes, but do not have information about the newer ones.
    I have a pair, bought around 2005. The front is of leather and I can say it is durable. I used to play at least 2 to 3 times a week, in 3 hours sessions with a group for about 5 years. The front of the shoes are covered with leather and they still look good after all these years, the soles are slippery now.

I had 2 pairs of shoes from Yonex which lasted about 6 months each and 1 from Victor for around 1 year. I got Mizuno next and comparing it with the Yonex and Victor that I had, the Mizuno were of much better quality. The YY and Victor all were broken in the front toes area.

I would like to try the Mizuno badminton shoes again if I could get them here. I ended up getting the Victor P9210 about 9 months ago and quite happy with them.

Ludwik likes this.
  4. SarsiLemon

SarsiLemon New Member

@Ludwik did you happen to go for the asics court control ff3s? I am also in the market for a new shoe and have narrowed my decision to either the ff3s or 65Z3s. Would love to hear your review on the Asics :)

5. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Haven't swapped out my 970Ace shoes yet; they're still hanging in there. Just thought I'd chime in with some insights I've gathered from both personal experience and forum chatter about the FF3s to help you out.

The FF3s lean towards speed, similar to the Aerus, unlike the 65Z, which is more of an all-rounder.

From playing with folks who have both the Aerus and FF3, it seems the upper material on the FF3 holds up better against toe dragging.

Sent from my RMX3363 using Tapatalk

SarsiLemon likes this.