Mood problem.

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by YinLoung, Mar 17, 2008.

1. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

Hi Jonas,

I've been playing badminton for ever half a year now and I've pretty much reached my fellow mates level. I am no longer impressed, interested or even very challenged by them anymore. I found myself looking for better opponents and I did. However, recently, I noticed that I'm in some kind of a bubble. I'm not at all satisfy by any of my shots and I dont feel like I'm playing the sport properly. I did read a lot, watch a lot and listen to many advices and I try to improve but lately, I just can't feel that I'm improving or that I'm donig "good for my level". It's like, I try to smash with all my might but it doesnt go smoothly or I try to concentrate and go 100% but I get the feeling that I can do better. It's like I'm stuck.

What should I do in this situation?

Also, since I restarted badminton a good 7 months ago, i found myself very unattracted by singles, where before I didn't care much. My friends says that I would do good in singles because I have good stroke and that I dont seem to get tired quickly. However, I cna't really concentrate in singles. I can find myself being "hard working" for a point or two" then I go back to lazy-mode after. I find myself that I don't like doing "forced" shots and that if I can't get the shuttle properly, I tend to go " Ahh..I missed it...damn" then my mind go on party after this.

What should I do? I'm doing good in doubles but in singles...urg...People says I'm lazy also.

#1 YinLoung, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  2. fix23

fix23 Regular Member

School
    just try it good.!!

3. newboy

newboy Regular Member

sellsmen
    Ha

I don't think u have the passion:confused:, if you still young then go and try. badminton is about mind game and of-cause talent:cool:.

4. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    newboy i think "passion" is your most favorite word in this forum! hahah.. every post you make is talking about passion or lack of passion :D

5. newboy

newboy Regular Member

sellsmen
    ha ha

yes ...because i am a beginner:D:D:D. i see lot of them just smashing without control the whole court. that's my opinion:D:D:D:D

6. nick089

nick089 Regular Member

If you keep missing it, start thinking about the very very basics. Just focus on hitting the shuttle on the center on the center of your raquet. If you can do that almost ALL the time, the concentrate on only hitting over the net. Don't worry about making a nice shot just worry about getting the shuttle ovre the net. Just remember to play basic overhead shots (clears, drops, smash). Don't do many slices until you can hit it basecley everyshot =)

Hope I helped =P

Nick

7. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

Went through this 2 months ago and finally cured it. Have a break. Don't play so many games per training session (i know it's hard) If you relax a bit and don't rush to get straight back onto the court it will really help you keep your cool. try to sit off a little.

Doubles is easy to get annoyed with. I'm back playing now and am playing much better and my movement is better becuase i'm playing positivley!!

8. BadMNTN_abner

BadMNTN_abner Regular Member

student
    Remember the first time you held a badminton racket. remember it everytime you play and everytime you rest. *wink*

I love Badminton because I love Badminton!