Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Organizing a tournament

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GunBlade008, May 23, 2007.

1. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    This is my first time, so I'd like to ask some BC members for help. At a community center with 3 courts, we usually get around 20+ people per session, but for the last 2-3 weeks, we've been having around 15 people. Now I thought that 15 was too small a number to make a doubles tournament with, so now we are going to go with singles.

At the club, We have a rough idea of who are the best players. So in my tournament spreadsheet, I've made it so that there are 8 seeded players (automatically in the Main Draw, round of 16) and there are 8 more positions for the others who decide to show up first. If there are more than 8 unseeded players who arrive, then everyone (excluding the 8 seeds) will play in a qualifying round to place for the other 8 positions in the main draw and the rest will go to B flight. There will be 2 flights, A and B. If a player loses their first game, they shall be able to play in B flight. However, if they played in the qualifying round and won, but then lost their next match, they are not able to play in B.

Is this a sensible way of organizing a tournament or is there something wrong with it? Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated :)