Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Finally, after a long time, I was able to get some footage again...had a team match this last Sunday, and with my calf muscle healed I could play again. A lot of things need to be brought back to their previous level (jumping ability, lunges, leg strength and flexibility in general...) but considering the circumstances, I'm okay with my performance (played 5 times in 10 weeks :S).
    The opposing team is quite clearly in the lead in our division, and the Mixed Doubles team had been pretty successful so far. Having lost the first game, we managed to turn it around in the second, winning it 22-20, and lead throughout the 3rd game which we closed out 21-19 after a 20-17 or 20-18 lead, I believe. Sadly, the battery died halfway through the 2nd game, so the 3rd game which I felt was our best is missing.
    Big thanks to my partner who threw her back out at some point in the match and finished it despite the considerable amount of pain she was in.

[VIDEO=youtube;ATQGs0k7H1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATQGs0k7H1Y[/VIDEO]

#1881 j4ckie, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Men's Doubles match in the same team match. Played against one of the strongest pairs in the division. Should you not know me - we're the team with the green shirts, although I wear a black one in the MD. Also, my shoes are orange ;)

[VIDEO=youtube;ioPP_tavUe0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioPP_tavUe0[/VIDEO]

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Re your XD game, can't see darn tootin' nothin' because of that guy sitting smack in the middle. ;)

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah my camera setup is not ideal indeed. During the doubles game, one guy stands in the way half the time...anyhow, hope you can see at least a little bit ;)

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    @j4ckie

How would you rate the 910 by the way? ;) Did you changed the partner because of the service issue?;) Did you sponsor your partner with your worn out green 9000's?;)

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ah no, the guy I played some tournaments with is currently in Switzerland and thus, not part of the team for the season :D At the moment, we're 4 guys, with a 5th coming back from injury. My partner's shoes are actually the golden SHB-86 - I believe no one has my size, and even if they did, no one would want anyone else's shoes :D

The 910 is a nice shoe, not too shabby for the price. A bit softer than I was used to, not quite as stable around the heel as some others, but the cushioning is really nice, not too high but thick enough to prevent any of the heel/ankle/achilles problems I developed in the SH9000.
    After I've worn these out, I'll see what the SH8500 are like - so popular in the Korean team that they should (hopefully) be quite nice. It's a bit antagonizing to see them sit in my closet day in, day out, but if I were to start wearing them now while the 910 are still good I fear I might not put those back on :D

Before anyone asks, I was playing with the N70 in the MD and N50 in the XD. The N50 is a bit stiffer and gripped with overgrip instead of towel, so in certain situations I like it better. Both are flexible enough for me to compensate for my still slow legs and get good length on forehand and backhand clears played behind the body, even crosscourt (with the f/h only - I'm not Taufik :D).

#1886 j4ckie, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  7. bowi12

bowi12 Regular Member

student
    [MENTION=64484]j4ckie[/MENTION]

I know that place. I've played there a couple of times myself. Are you part of that club?

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No way :D It's nearly in the Netherlands! It's about 2.5-3 hours from here...

9. bowi12

bowi12 Regular Member

student
    It's about 1.5 hours from my house. We were there on a trainingcamp to prepare for the next season.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, since somehow Veldhausen moved up into our division we get to drive there twice there this season....

11. bowi12

bowi12 Regular Member

student
    We don't have to travel very far in my division. Our longest journey is about 50 minutes. And we have 3 away games in our own city. Unfortunately, 2 of those are teams from my own club. It's just not quite as fun to play league games against people you train and play with regularly.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, I know, happens to our lower teams as well...luckily our 2nd team is 2 divisions below ours :D

13. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

hi j4ckie

i'd really love to comment on your games, but i can hardly see anything in these vids.
    if your next vids are again from a better position, i'd love to watch them and give you my opinion about your play!

14. jencon13

jencon13 Regular Member

15. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

[MENTION=103187]jencon13[/MENTION]: Yes, you do look a bit sluggish, but I see potential. Keep practicing and you may make something if yourself! :p

16. jencon13

jencon13 Regular Member

thankyou for your kind words <3 someday i hope to win the olympic gold twice

17. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    http://youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&amp;v=ui5UED51Af8

Heres me
    Playing I apologize for the really bad camera angle and camera shaking my brother was recording.. This is probably worthless but why not .. Lol, I'm the on in all black and white with the red racquet.

Any constructive criticism is allowed pointers would be good too! :) thanks I shall record better again don't worry I'll ask a friend next time..

#1897 Exert, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  18. visor

visor Regular Member

Hmmm... where to begin...

1. Serves.
    Both feet must be touching the ground. And most importantly your racket foot should be slightly forward when doing backhand serve.

2. Tension.
    What tension and string are you using with these plastics? I hope not BG80 at 26 lbs. Are you able to clear consistently baseline to baseline using say 90% power? If not, then you need to use lower tension and use a softer string.

3. Split step.
    You need to do this more. Search up on what it is and it's importance.

4. Elbow.
    As much as possible, you need to lead with the elbow into the strike. This will allow and force you to use more pronation/supination and develop a whipping technique which is more important when you graduate to feather shuttles. Best to develop this habit early now so that you don't have to relearn your swing later.

Hope this helps. :)

#1898 visor, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  19. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    For serves okay thank you sorry, I got used to the habit it's going to be hard to break it but I will do it.

Yes I'm able to clear to baselines easily, ashaway zymax 67 and 25lbs.

Will do! :)

So I should follow through
    More with my elbow? Thanks visor ! :)

20. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

Well, to be honest: You guys are not playing badminton.
    You're hanging out on the court, hitting some shuttles from time to time. There's nothing wrong with that, but then just go on and have some fun.

If you want to progress:
    1. Take the game seriously.
    2. Invest some time in learning the basic strokes/techniques.