Racket cap replacement

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by alien9113, Apr 30, 2023.

1. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Not sure which forum to post to... the racket isn't broken (so it can't go into the RIP section), but I can't find any threads that mention fixing it either.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

For reasons unknown to me, my racket's cap broke into many small pieces. I've found some replacement caps online, but after staring at my racket, I realized I don't know how to fix the cap back in.

The staples are still stuck there on the grip though, and I don't know if on forcefully removing those staples will break the racket too? I'm not too keen for my racket to RIP because of the force used.

By the way, I found some videos on Youtube for replacing the cap on tennis rackets but none on badminton rackets (strangely), but their grips are larger and probably won't break from the force used. And unlike tennis rackets, badminton rackets have thin shafts... which I'm not keen to break also.

Has anyone ever tried replacing the racket cap? How did you do it?

2. augustas

augustas New Member

Ar you talking abou butt cap on the end of your handle? Somehow i was thinking about broken ferrule and almost posted a lange topic about inevitability of wooden handle breaking in order to change ferrule:)
    If it's butt cap just use narrow end pliers to remove staples. Those are ~10mm long. Won't be a problem. If you are careful enough then you can reuse them for a new butt cap. You really need staples to securely attach a cap. Because usually its made from some sort of polyethylene so hard glue won't stick to it.

3. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Maybe providing a picture would help us all to troubleshoot the problem together

4. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Yes, I'm referring to the butt cap