Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

racket weight transition

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by hybridragon, Aug 17, 2004.

1. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    Well i did a search on this and cannot find anything about it. And i think this questions sounds like an equipment question, so correct me if am wrong.

So anyways, my question is this: Is it a good idea when I buy new racket to buy a 4U racket when I have used 2U for most of the time? Or should I try to get a 3U racket so the transition would be easier?) I am currently using a Ti 7 long (not light) and it is the 2UG4 version. I am thinking of getting an Armortec 800 OF (3U or 4U?) (the main point of the question is not if i should buy the racket or not, it is if it is possible to get used to the 4U racket quickly or does it take a while and if a 3U racket is best for a transition into lighter rackets.)

Well it would be best if someone had experience switching from a 2U racket to a 4U racket. (and if you can, can you tell me your experience of this and how you handled it.) Thanks for your time.

*have a nice day*:D