Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Ramblings of a Stringing Newbie

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Randomlegend, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    My VS850 arrived today....just done another practice run with the Hiqua stuff and I'm tempted to have a go with the VS850 on my Trinity Pro. Scared though, first time I'll be using anything I actually care about damaging.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    My second job was with BG80 on my beloved AT800 Off (back when I was playing 24 lb, that is;))

Just go slow - you're not being timed.

3. Randomlegend

School
    I did it and it's looks good!

...but I nicked the string at some point. It survived the stringing but I doubt it will last long. Oh well, just need it to last long enough to decide if I like it then I'll be swapping it to try something else anyway.

Another lesson learnt :)

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    I mentioned my second job; on my first, I had my clamps too tight and stripped the coating off the BG80.

Lesson: adjust your clamps so they're just tight enough to hold the string at the required tension.

5. Randomlegend

School
    I think mine was causedby the opposite problem...not quite tight enough, so it got dragged through tensioning the first main.