RKEP Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by blindfury, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Have you tried the XP80 yet? How does the XP80 compare to the BS12? Pros and cons?

2. Sgt_Strider

What are you guys referring to with the arrows? Is it from the flexible to stiff?

3. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    It's stiff > flexible.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Right. It's not an arrow, it's a greater than sign.

5. Sgt_Strider

Have you tried the XP80 yet? How does the XP80 compare to the BS12? Pros and cons?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd say the XP80 is like a hybrid of MX60 and BS12 in terms of frame shape, power, speed. Unfortunately these 3 rackets are too flexy for my play and swing style, so this is from limited time with them before I decided to sell.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Man, I'm so ready to load up on some more XP70's. :)

Fast, powerful, accurate, crisp, and nice feel. I can always trust it to perform magic on court every time I play.

8. pop88

pop88 Regular Member

Any review for F4?

9. Sgt_Strider

So this is your go to racquet now?

10. visor

visor Regular Member

yep, been about 8-9 months now

perfect for my aggressive counter attacking control style of play, where i outmaneuver my opponents

#370 visor, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  11. Sgt_Strider

You're such a bad influence on me...I'm seriously tempted to give this a shot. I'm not sure if I should be buying anymore racquets. In the past 15 months, I've bought the Yonex Arc FB (JP), Adidas Duoforce, Adidas Precision Pro, Victor BS12, and now wanting to give either the XP70 or 80 a shot.

Considering that you have used a BS12 before, can you tell me how the XP70 compare to the BS12?

12. Sgt_Strider

I think everyone's definition of stiff and mid-stiff will vary a bit. Can you name some racquets that are similar to the XP70?

13. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
    RKEP XP70 is very close to VICTOR MX70 (London Limited was based on MX70)
    But XP70 could perform even better.
    Following was a feedback we just received a few days ago:
    First, I must say a big thank-you to (Mr. V)- for his reviews, recommendations and clear reasoning, which made me think seriously about buying this racquet. Next, I need to thank (Mr P) for so kindly selling me one of his XP-70 racquets (the 2013 edition). And of course, I need to thank Eric for making this racquet available to us. I played with it for the first time for about 90 minutes today, and am absolutely awestruck by how it plays. I did make quite a few errors (mostly with serve and net play and touch play) but that is because of user error, not the racquet. Coming from mostly head-heavy racquets, I know I need to make some subtle adjustments in the forecourt and for smashes. Overall, this is a brilliant and surprisingly powerful and versatile weapon. I am really surprised (this is for you, Eric) why more people are NOT buying this racquet. Again, my thanks to all you guys, for helping me to find this racquet. I think I`ve found my new No. 1 doubles weapon!

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol... that Mr V above is me... :)

Speaking of which, just ordered 2x white XP70 (84/297). Will see in a wk how they play compared to the green one.

#374 visor, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  15. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd say XP70 is stiffer than all those rackets you have.

Relative to MX and BS series, it's stiffer than MX60/BS12, but flexier than MX70/BS10. Which for me is perfect because I found MX60/BS12 too flexy for me and MX70/BS10 too stiff.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

What are you looking to improve upon, compared to your current list of rackets? Mind you, that list is all head light rackets.

You playing plastic? Head light doesn't work well for plastic.

17. Sgt_Strider

Obviously the XP70 is stiffer, but how much stiffer? That's what I'm trying to find out. I've never used the BS10 before, but I do know someone that have one. I'll try it later this week to try to get a better idea of what the XP70's stiffness is like.

18. Sgt_Strider

Really? All of the charts that I've seen would classify all of those racquets except for the FB as in the middle and not head light. I still haven't found the perfect racquet yet. The BS12 is probably close, but it is a bit more flexible than I like. I guess I'm looking for something that is slightly head heavier and slightly stiffer than the BS12.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

^ In that case, XP80 would be too flexy for you. I think I've mentioned it before, but the XP70 85/295 may fit you well for fast doubles.

It's a balanced. Whereas I'd consider VTZF/VT80 to be head heavy, and BS12, Duoforce, NR800 to be head light, and FB to be super head light.

Balanced to slight head heavy I'd say is Arc10/11, MX series, but depends on the specific specs of the copy.

#379 visor, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  20. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I found BS10 more powerful than xp70. 87/300 vs 85/297. Both definitely felt stiff to flex in the hand but when using it the BS10 actually felt like it had more whip. Either due to the longer shaft or being broken in by a pro. Depending on whether you believe if the shaft gets softer. Xp70 was new. Also marginally faster but the BS10 was fast enough that the power difference gave it the edge for me.