share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That is one sexy looking machine. Congrats!

2. dtang21

dtang21 New Member

kakinami likes this.
  3. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Found a Toyozouki Gosen GM-1400. The shop I work at has the GM-1300, you need to chang the 12:00 and 6:00 parts to do badminton and tennis rackets. The GM-1400 can adjust like most machines moving the side supports foward and backward. The GM-1300 has a nut to adjust the height and the GM-1400 adjust similar to the ES5 Pro. This will be my work machine until May, hoping new machines will come then. Planning to clean up and paint for fun. A lot of rust on this machine, I sanded down 1 piece, can't wait to see what the tool tray looks like when I am finished. I think I posted a little sample of what I want to do =)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk

thyrif, DarthHowie and emjay like this.
  4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

You are my sensei! I am always learning from master debators!

5. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Forgot to add it came with the Toyozouki male badminton clamps!! Soo good!!!

6. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I guess they just look black but 1 has a purple tint and another has a greenish tint. I put mythumb print on accident on the greenish one. Next is the tool tray!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Hi s_mair,

I am currently looking at the T15, T70 and Tennisman StringMaster Pro 50. What justify the price adder for the StringMaster Deluxe compare to the T15 and T70? My budget is around $1200.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Pretty much everything you can see and touch is better on the Deluxe. Better clamps, better clamp bases(!) and the overall build quality and precision of the parts is on a higher level compared to the Superstringers. The clamp bases alone cost over 350 EUR if bought separately and they are absolutely worth that price. So if it's in the budget, the Deluxe is the real deal.

Out of the other three, I would not recommend the T70 tbh. The mounting system with the moving main towers is just really weird and limits the exact positioning for badminton rackets. The Pro 50 is a reall nice machine for a fair price. The only downside is that it doesn't have those semi-automatic clamp bases (the ones with a release button) that the T15 have.

Nicky_Boy02 and DarthHowie like this.
  9. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    @Nicky_Boy02 - To add to @s_mair comments. You might want to delay your purchase and save up until you can purchase the String Master Deluxe.
    Scenario 1:
    You end up liking to string rackets for yourself (and maybe a few friends). You have a high quality machine. If you ever need to upgrade to a WISE, that's about the only remaining upgrade you would want to save for next.

If you go with the other models, you'll likely need to upgrade/replace more of the existing parts with higher quality components.

Scenario 2:
    You end up disliking stringing. You will definitely be able to find a buyer of your machine (no low ballers!). You can continue stringing your own rackets in the meantime until you find the right buyer at the right price.

Quality string machines hold up in resale value and would likely be more sought after.

Nicky_Boy02 and s_mair like this.
  10. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Feel a lot more happier stringing on a slightly more better looking machine. Didn't like looking at rust in my tool tray![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    Thanks for your response @s_mair and @DarthHowie!

I guess I need to save up for a new more months to afford the Deluxe. I have another question. I notice that Tennisman has a new tensionhead.

https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...ion-Motor-Motor-fuer-Besaitungsmaschinen.html

Do you guys know the performance/reliability and Pros vs. Cons for Tennisman tension head compare to Wise 2086?

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Problem is that this new tensioning motor is not yet available and it could be another few months until it will be. Chances are good that I'll get a prototype to demo in my hands in the next couple of weeks. On paper, it looks really good. Chain driven, well built gripper and what seems to be a rather compact footprint.

There will also be some new machines being added to the line-up - they are already listed in the shop under the brand "iTennis" but too will need a couple of months until they are really available. Again on paper and pictures those could be real challengers for the StringMasters too. So if you are not in a hurry, it would surely make sense to wait a bit to see if the new motor and machines could be options too.

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  13. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I think I am done painting on this machine. New machines will come I hope April 27, 2023. Probably try to sell this and Protech 8 next week, need the cash for new machines =)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tsangboi69, akatsuki2104 and s_mair like this.
  14. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    Copy that. I am not in a hurry and look forward to your review on the prototype and compare with Wise + Deluxe! Looking at the iTennis machine, it appears to be manufactured in China as they have chinese words labelling the buttons. I already have 2 rackets that need to be strung at the moment, hope my other rackets can last for a few more months!

15. Tsangboi69

Tsangboi69 New Member

How much would you be selling the Protech 8 for?

kakinami likes this.
  16. Tsangboi69

Tsangboi69 New Member

The difference is night and day! Machine is looking so much cleaner

kakinami likes this.
  17. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Was maybe trying to get ¥460000. I sent in tension head February 2022 for motherboard repair. I live in Japan though.

DarthHowie and Tsangboi69 like this.
  18. Tsangboi69

Tsangboi69 New Member

Ah dang that is unfortunate. I would definitely be interested if you were willing to ship it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Probably answered before but have to ask you a few questions. I noticed in all of the machines you've owned your racket support arms are wrapped. Correct me if i'm wrong as I suspect it's done for the following reasons:
    1. protect the string from getting caught on the arms
    2. protect the machine from added wear?
    What material/product did you use to wrap the support arms?

Additionally, is there a back story to why you started doing this? You appear to be the only member that does this. Thanks in advance

kakinami and Jimmy Ng like this.
  20. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I do it because I want to make my machine look a little different. I was using 25mm fishing grip on ES5 Pro and Gosen GM-1400 and I think 30mm on Protech 8. Precision 8.0 I am using car wrap and heating it up to try and melt it together.

DarthHowie likes this.