Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

So...time to get a new racquet. Opinions please!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by notydino, May 14, 2010.

1. notydino

notydino New Member

So my current racquet is the antique carbonex 8 sp, strung 23 nb95. I play quite well with that racquet, relatively easy to generate power but a bit sluggish since it's rather heavy so i'm rather slow with it. But when i hit, i really like the feeling, especially with the string.

I also use one of em calton max power racquets, they are really light but even with a nb95 string, it's difficult for me to generate any power from it. Although my play speed is ultra fast, better reflexes etc.

i also used a calton stiff racquet with bg65ti 24lbs, don't like it very much. So i think i generally don't like stiff shafts.

Also came across musclepower 7 bg65ti 23lbs. not impressed with it, feels heavy, stiff and not a pleasant feeling at all.

my budget is around 50 UK pounds.

I tried out nanospeed 200 at a demo once, didn't play with it but i think i would like it. Has the right amount of shaft flex and not too heavy. Prob quite a all round racquet.

Alternatively i'm looking at ashway superlight 79sq, according to the forum, it's ultralight but somehow maintains decent hitting power. However i'm concerned about it since i tend to hit the floor every now and then. Clashing hasn't happened often enough for me to worry about it yet.

I'll try to describe my playing style here. I love smashing, i like brute force. Not much of a control player but i need speed to defend properly, something that the carbonex 8 lacked for me and the very light carlton had. Unfortunately i had significant trouble generating power using the carlton.

Hope this answers any queries you guys have in helping me select my next racquet.

PS: my old racquet has become N/A so this will be my only racquet.

2. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Add 20 pound and have a look for Panda power rackets.. they are they best bang for buck, i kid you not...

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#3 demolidor, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010