Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

String tension and effects on life-span?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by szekt, Aug 3, 2009.

1. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I play with Arc 10 with BG66 strung at 24 lbs; I noticed that I tend to break my strings after I have played for about 8 to 10 hours of playing time; various reasons have been offered as to why this happens so early: low durability of string, mis-hits, slicing of shots....lately however I noticed this:
    just before my string is about to snap, the string tension seems to go down and the mains start to "migrate" and I have to manually adjust them at times; I also note that despite "easy shots" and that I am hitting them straight-on at the previous sweet-spot, the "feel" and the impact of each shot seems to be "less"; would this mean that a string with better tension holding abilities be better at increagin the life-span of my strings??:confused::confused: