WTB: Stringing Machine (6-pt, Fixed Clamp, Manual) [GTA] ($500-$750+ CAD)

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post' started by ambsace, Mar 26, 2024.

1. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

Hi there,

I am looking to try my hand at stringing badminton racquets. I'll be doing this for myself, family and friends, possibly extending this to my local club/daugther's team mates if I enjoy it enough.

Ideally the machine would be something in the class of a Gamma Progression ii FC 602 or Gamma X6-FC. I would prefer a constant pull system with a drop weight over a crank.

Can be convinced to purchase a higher class of machine depending on the make, model and tensioner system.

2. atrangi

atrangi Regular Member

3. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

Thanks.

They look great.

I've actually spoken with Dirk at Tennisman and he is no longer planning to stock the SuperStringer brand of machines preferring to focus on his StringMaster brand (which look awesome as well). The only manual "SuperStringer" in stock is the T80. However, right now shipping would be well in excess of $150 CAD not including the ludicrous brokerage fees that DHL would charge me. This is why I'm trying to find a machine locally, if possible. I would have bought a brand new Gamma machine from RacquetGuys.ca, but they just updated their restock timeline from the end of this month to "Late Summer".

4. atrangi

atrangi Regular Member

That's a bummer.

When I bought it, I didn't have to pay for VAT. And the shipping to USA wasn't that high.

So it literally was an offset between no vat and large package shipping