Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Stringing machines

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Quan, May 24, 2001.

1. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)
    Can you guys tell me some good tabletop stringing machines that are under $400usd. Is the eagnas any good? or the alphas? please tell me, thanks.

2. Mar

Mar Guest

Hawk 80 is good, 6 point mounting, and linear ball bearing string gripper, with dual swivel clamps $325usd.

I have same design with only 1 swivel clamp. easier with 2.

3. David

David Guest

Watch out with Eagnas stringing machine. I bought one and Kwun bought one. We had a lot of problem with the support. I broke four of the support because I was trying to tighten it so that it does not move. Anyway, Kwun sold his Hawk 80. I am trying my best to sell mine, Hawk 800 (Standing version with manual crank string tensioning). If you are interested, I am selling it for $350 including the badminton clamp + shipping. I spent approximately $650 on this machine.

I just don't think it's designed for badminton because the support is weak. Rating from the USRSA (United States Racquet Stringer Association @ www.usrsa.com) is very-very low on their machines. If you are serious, join the USRSA. Get the Stringing Machine reviews, I believe it's around $20-$30.

I suggest that you talk to the others and the vendor to find the right machine. It's a big investment. Don't jump on it as we did just because of the price. Expensive and fragile racquets is on the line.

Good luck!