Taufik confirms entry for world meet

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by ants, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Honestly ....indonesian supporters have no manners ( most of them..mey be due to lack of education)...It is so scary to be in the stadium...yelling and they are so aggresive....

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Can u imagine the advance to the QF and then pullout last minutes just before the match is started? He got many excuses.. His baby sick... Wife uncomfortable etc.... Is it fair to the fans who pay for the ticket just to witness this mouth-watering clash??

3. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    That's where LD mentally weaker than LCW.. The MAS MS can win it infront of the chaos crowds at INA... Why cant LD make it?:rolleyes:

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D I do not want to imagine that..yes..it is awful....after arranging my schedule to be in KL for qtr finals....:mad::mad: especially LD-TH in qtr...I may have to shoot one of them....:D:D:D the players should know that I have to sacrifice my weekend to watch them....:D:D

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I think that time..INA supporters were behind LCW against BCL....I remember that LCW mentioned that he got INA supports..just like Wang Chen against Chinese player....:D:D

6. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    hauge.. u be at KL only for QF??Wat bout SF/Final?

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    hopefully from qtr to final...almost finalizing my last schedule...I will be in asia from august 10 till august 29...jsut some dizzy buyers keep changing the appointments in china...haiya...:mad::mad: thats why i cant buy my ticket yet.......

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Now Taufik is playing for Katalina too

And now, Taufik won't be playing just for Indonesia, but for Katalina too. :):):)

Welll done, Taufik !!!

9. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i thought the baby girls's nama is natarina alika. well at least that was the name printed in the site ctjcad posted in another thread :D

10. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    I see no psychological tactic Taufik is doing in this matter. He just wants to wait for his daughter, putting family first then badminton. If the baby is not born before WC starts, he just won't come; and if the baby is then he will join in the tourney. it's his first child anyway, won't it be just so normal for taufik to say that he was uncertain about his participation in the wc because it all depends on the baby's birth?

And i don't second the opinion that TH might pull back again even though he already said he's joining in. Now he has so much spirit to win so as to celebrate his daughter's birth, to add his prestigious series of title, and to show to his daughter what a great father he is! :) :)

And yes, it's Natarina Alika...

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Some ppl just cannot accept that TH putting badminton at a low priority while still manage to be such a strong player. :cool:

It is actually possible that TH may pull back again. Anyone who has a baby knows how fragile these newborns are... There are many things that can make a new dad so worried that he cannot concentrate on anything else. Those who do not have children usually have difficulty understanding this. :)

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Welcoming Taufik Hidayat's baby, Natarina Alika Hidayat

Greetings,

So sorry to misname Taufik Hidayat's baby... I just took the name from another BC post. :eek:

Anyway, here it is now confirmed...... The name is Natarina Alika. :):):)

Link: http://www.rileks.com/seleb/detnews/3082007044737.html

====== ====== start article ====== ======

Source Reliks.com
    3-Aug-2007

TAUFIK Hidayat, Resmi Jadi Ayah

[​IMG] ket foto: Amy Gumelar

TAUFIK Hidayat
    resmi sudah menjadi seorang ayah. Istrinya, tak lain Amy Gumelar, anak dari Agum Gumelar, melahirkan seorang bayi perempuan pada Jumat (3/8) dini hari sekitar pukul 02:00 WIB.

Putri pertama pasangan ini dinamakan Natarina Alika Hidayat yang memiliki wajah sangat mirip dengan Taufik. Ditanya soal kemiripan wajah anaknya, Taufik tersenyum sambil menjawab, "Terima kasih kalau memang mirip saya," katanya kepada sejumlah media yang menemui di Rumah Sakit Asih, Panglima Polim, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan.

Menurut Taufik, proses kelahiran diawali pada Kamis malam saat dokter pribadinya menyarankan agar istrinya masuk rumah sakit Jumat pagi. Benar saja, pada hari itu, Amy mengalami pecah ketuban. Kemudian, bayi lahir secara normal pukul 08.05 pagi.

"Saya melihat proses kelahirannya, mulai dari pecah ketuban sampai bayi keluar. Saya sangat senang dan bangga bisa punya anak. Saya bahagia banget. Apalagi, ini cucu pertama dari keluarga Amy," ungkap Taufik berbinar.

Bayi dengan bobot 3,5 kg dan tinggi badan 50 cm itu diberi nama atas pilihan Amy yaitu nama Natarina. Sementara, Alika diambil dari bahasa Arab yang berarti cinta. Dan Hidayat diambil dari nama belakang Taufik. Selamat! [musa/foto:istimewa]

====== ====== end article ====== ======

Perhaps, azabaz_ipoh could translate it. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

#52 chris-ccc, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Here's the article..

..taken from badminton-indonesia.com and was posted earlier in another thread by sayakeren...

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=627585&postcount=24
    =======================================================
    http://www.badminton-indonesia.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2299&Itemid=2
    Relieved, Taufik Soon To Fly To Kuala Lumpur

The long awaiting is now over. Indonesia’s top men’s single shuttler Taufik Hidayat will soon fly to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to participate in the World Championship commencing on August 12 after his wife has successfully delivered their baby daughter Natarina Alika Hidayat who was born yesterday, Friday, August 3, 2007 at RS Bersalin Asin, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, with 3.5 kg weight and 50 cm long. Thus, the shuttler now has no more worry to join the prestigious championship.
    “Thanks God my child has been born. Now I can concentrate and has more spirit to join in the Championship,” stated the relieved Taufik. “Now I am more encouraged to achieve more. I want my child one day see her father competing.”

Badminton fans and supporters around the world cheered for Taufik’s certainty in joining the Championship, as they have been waiting anxiously whether the great shuttler will join in the event. The situation was becoming merrier as the baby was born at the same day the championship’s draw was released.

Taufik might face the top shuttler from China Lin Dan in the quarterfinal although in the three rounds prior to the quarterfinal Taufik will meet relatively “easy” matches. Taufik will meet Sapin’s sole soldier Jose Antonio Crespo before meeting either the Indian Anup Sridhar or the Austrian Juergen Koch (Austria). The third round Taufik might potentially meet with the host’s seeded 13 Muhd Hafiz B. Hashim. Lin Dan’s path is even easier as he gets bye in the first round.

If Taufik can pass Lin Dan, he will most probably meet with Malaysian top gun Lee Chong Wei. Playing in his own field Chong Wei is extremely ambitious about grabbing the title to continue his Indonesian Open 2007 title.

"I will not meet Lin Dan, Taufik, or Bao Chunlai in the first half of the tournament, which is good for me," Chong Wei commented.

Another Indonesian men single shuttler Sony Dwi Kuncoro will meet the Indian Anan Chenan while Simon Santoso will fight Vietnam’s number one shuttler Nguyen Tien Minh in the first round. Tien Minh was quite a big news in last month’s Philippine Open when he beat Taufik.

In the mixed doubles Indonesia gets a quite pleasing draw. The three pairs are dispersed in two different final blocks. Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir is in the same block with its junior Muhammad Rijal/Greysia Polii, which makes them potential to meet with each other in the third round. Another pair Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa is at the same block as the world’s number one from China Zheng Bo/Gao Ling, Nova/Lilyana’s eternal rival.

“We are really looking forward to beating Zheng/Gao in this tournament,” Lilyana affirmed. This year the two pairs met quite frequently yet the Indonesian pair could only manage to steal one win, which was from the Singapore Open 2007 held last May.

Written by Dania Ciptadi, badminton-indonesia.com

14. Kuan Ye

Kuan Ye Regular Member

Thanks for the updates. Congratz to Taufik! Hope he can achive his dreams at World Badminton Championship. Really hope to see him in real person....That's my dream I'm going to achieve...:)

15. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i beg to differ... indonesian supporters supporting their players, i think, is a lovely dimension of the game that i respect and cherish... its just like the english cheering for their football team... it dosent mean that they dont have any education...

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design

Well..I was there during Indonesia Open , I believe it was 1995 or 96 and when Mia was representing Dutch...I forgot.....some supporters threw things to otehr supporters....it was scary...plus if INA players did not play...they would yell like" go home...being a becak driver" etc..some of them using obscene and offended languages.like they did to Mia.( something like Taritor, etc)) ...so i did not make it up...may be other INA BCers can support my statements....

17. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    ya, i admit it does get scary when things like that happen, but dont you think its stereotyping and generalising? i mean, in IO 2007, i didnt see any bad incidents although indonesia was only playing in 1/5 (and lost the only finals) finals... i just think it is unfair to call indonesians uneducated?

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I said..mostly...I am indonesian too by the way...
    I think that time,....Organiser gave away tickets so those passers by, mostly unemployed went to see the matches...I am not stereotyping...even my good friend, Yayuk Basuki complained when she played for Wismilak in Jakarta..she complained how INA supporters bood her when she double faulted the serve...it is very sad indeed....

19. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I wonder if INA fans will jeered Tony as they did to MIA Audina when he partners Chandra in the stadium. Coz Tony does not represent INA anymore...
    If this was the reason behind MTZ/MFL win over Tony/Chandra in IO07 SF??

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I did not know the recent one.....I knew that Mia was crying and gave away the match..it was heartbreaking...I remembered what those supporters said to her...I cant put "the words" here...it was really harsh ...since then Mia was absent in IO for 2 or 3 yrs..I forgot what year she came back and played ( may be in Surabaya)...
    actually she wanted to represent INA as long as PBSI allowed her to practice and lived i Netherland with her husband...but PBSI did not allow that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.