Thomas & Uber Cups Preliminaries Asia Zone 2008: Day 6 Final

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Prelim 2008' started by bidapower, Feb 23, 2008.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Agree with that wholeheartedly, that's the reason why MAS MD have never really retained and improved the standards set by Razif/Jalani Sidek. Not Cheah/Soo, Cheah/Yap, CTF/LWW, and even Koo/Tan. These go beyond playing and combination skills.

Conversely, during their playing days, Razif and Jalani were not always on speaking terms out of court. But they were always as one in training and on court.

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    yes agreed. Hwang Hye Youn is very kawaii :D

3. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    MAS seems to be never learnt from the past mistakes, not even a great doubles coach as RExy can do anything from that...
    OngBT/SooBK to Cheah SK/SooBK & Cheah/YapKh all never really gets together among themselves.
    This suppose to be a good lesson, sad to see Koo/Tan following their footsteps
    Be realistics.. MAS will NEVER WON'T anything BIG with this kinda partnership

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well said. TBH probably feels like he let people down. But he has to learn to move on quickly and work even harder to correct his mistakes (easier said than done sometimes) -- no use lamenting on his mistakes coz it may affect his confidence -- the thing I like about Zakry-Fairuz is their forgiveness of each other (always doing a high/low five, augurs well for their togetherness even though their skills need to improve).

5. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    LYD:"I have never realized the court was so big that i have to run that much.............":D:D:D:D:D

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so here is the the qualified teams for the Final phase of the Thomas and UBer Cups, after the Asia qualifying Zone :

2008 Asia Uber Cup Qualifiers Result:

1st Korea
    2nd Japan
    3rd Malaysia
    4th Hong Kong China

2008 Asia Thomas Cup Qualifiers Result:

1st Malaysia
    2nd Korea
    3rd Japan
    4th Thailand

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    OR............I wana thank all the Mds for giving me that chance to play 3rd MS in the Final............thanks to Korean team for LYD as my opponent..........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    so i guess they are having confidence issues eh? :p:p:p:p haiya.........why like that one?

9. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hahahaha, yeah. sometimes after a clear he will move to one side of the court to defend. like when he is playing doubles. and hafiz would just smash to the side he left open. it is hard to switch from singles to doubles and vice versa. easier for a singles player to go to doubles though. less area to cover.

yeah, he has high expectation on himself knowing what he and KKK could achieve. all the bad plays are making them lose their confidence. more prove of our players weak mental. i agree with abedeng that they lack the togetherness of razif/jailani or even the way they were before in the all england.

10. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    HELLO, they are brothers la........have the same father. how to compare that? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Maybe you should set others like PJB/KMS, CW/TG as example?

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    it's kinda stupid actually to me for keep on doing that hi-five............brainless act.:cool: especially doing that after the opponent do a smash/dunk in front of the net. BRAINLESS............

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It's got no relation to the brain. Even though it seems childish and awkward to me, at least they maintain the team spirit even when losing.

13. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    brothers quarrel too. they are not really tight brothers. razif was kinda daddy's favourite. like abedeng said, sometimes they were not even on talking terms with each other outside the court but inside, they put all that behind and concentrate on the match. :p;):D

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    for me it's very embarrassing even im just a supporter only........would you have done that if it was you, after your opponent made a dunk on your court? I dont think so........ I would have to buy myself a full face helmet before i do that, make sure noone recognize me. :D:D:D:D

CHILDISH/AWKWARD ACT = BRAINLESS ppl DO IT.

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    We are not comparing brothers, we are comparing relationships on court.
    Otherwise, BAM can only create pairs out of siblings ...... :D

Though maybe u r right, their father was a strict taskmaster. :eek: On court, they had to behave, or else ....... :p

Also, since this is about issues with MAS pairs, lets take another MAS pair as the benchmark.

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If it was me, I wouldn't have done it. But I don't have any problems, if other people willingly do it. It's harmless. You may say it's brainless to do it, others can say it's brainless to be embarassed by it.

Not to care what others think about what you do, that's a very mature thing to do. (TBH should also learn not to care about what others think.)

17. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Doing a HIGH FIVE when getting a DUNK from the opponent is like 2 robbers robbed a bank, and doing a HIGH FIVE when getting CAUGHT by the police. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you think that's a BRAINY ACT, i dont have much to say.

and why am i embarrased is because I'm from the same village as the robbers. (countryman) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I noticed that too :cool:

The unpredictable nature of Team KOR was one reason why they managed to win the Sudirman Cup as recently as 2003.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Badminton: Men's team given a scare

By K.M. Boopathy

25 February, 2008

MALAYSIA'S Thomas Cup shuttlers narrowly avoided an embarrassing defeat to a depleted South Korean side to win the Asian zone qualifiers while the women shuttlers secured an automatic Uber Cup spot when they beat Hong Kong 3-0 in the third place play-off in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday. South Korea, who have already qualified for the final with Malaysia, rested their top two singles players Park Sung Hwan and Lee Hyun Il and fielded two scratch pairs in the team line-up.

However, Malaysia lost both doubles matches but the singles shuttlers stayed calm to deliver a 3-2 win.

Lee Chong Wei was in good form when he defeated Athens Olympics silver medallist Shon Seung Mo 21-8, 21-11 in 25 minutes.

Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong were supposed to dominate scratch pair Jung Jae Sung-Lee Jae Jin but instead, fell to an unexpected 16-21, 21-17, 21-19 defeat in 29 minutes.

Wong Choong Hann put Malaysia ahead again when he beat Lee Cheol Ho 21-6, 21-17 in 31 minutes and Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Tazari were expected to wrap up the tie.

Up against Hwang Ji Man and Sung Hwan, who were playing in the doubles for the first time in almost five years, the Malaysians were shocked 21-19, 21-18 by the Koreans.

Hafiz Hashim then secured a 21-17, 21-10 win over Korea's No 1 doubles player Lee Yong Dae to bail Malaysia out.

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Very well said.
    Problem is MAS is becoming like CHN, with a must-win attitude.Better be like KOR,know when to take it easy and to experiment.
    Actually, except for ctf/lww, the other MAS MDs have still much to go in terms of experience.They need to know in how many ways they can lose and learn ,then win more from there.
    Experience is the greatest teacher to the keenest learner.
    Rexy would do well to 1)not have expectations,2)do away with the MAS MD rankings in his mind and 3)field ALL his senior MDs(except ctf/lww maybe to minimise injury) to as many tournaments as possible.They are still at the stage when they'll continue to surprise in all ways. In fact , with the NSS, surprise or upsets have become the norm.