Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

X is better than Y without a thorough explanation is worth nothing. Each brand its own.

Gpower likes this.
  2. dimiberbs

dimiberbs Regular Member

student
    my thoughts exactly... Would appreciate it if someone could give me some feedback based on personal experiences :)

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If you like the ArcSaber 10, then probably the MX60 is the closest to it in the MX range, but you already have it.

If you want less stiff and less head heavy, then TBH I'm not sure where you'd look. The old spec BS11 would be the obvious choice even though it's a similar head heaviness to the MX's, it's just more forgiving and its speed belies it's weighting. The BS12 to me feels about as stiff as the MX70, but that's largely to do with the fact that it carries it's weight in the throat, which to me feels weird.

If you can have a try, maybe test out the BSLYD?

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

@KB@TB Em:
    If you like Arcsaber 10 you might like Li-Ning N55. It's not that stiff, but it's a little bit more head heavy.
    My first racket was Arc10 PG. My Main is the N55 now because it gives you a little bit more oomph! :p

Maybe nice to have a look at: N80, N55-II, Yonex VT70

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Lining N55 quite similar to Arc10, and i feel that N55 have more solid feeling than Arc10.

6. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    how is BS12 compare to BS LYD anyone??

7. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

ask Lee Young Dae !!! :D

Gpower likes this.
  8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    BS LYD a bit more stiff, BS 12 is more flex, but still a good smashing racket.

9. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    Besides the shaft stiffness, more about the how it plays

10. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Yep, similar. But Arc10PG is noticable a little bit stiffer than N55. In stiffness I'd give N55 6.5/10; Arc10(PG): 7.5 - 8/10

What is your definition of solid feeling? ^^
    I'd say the N55 feels better in smashing because its flexier shaft. But wouldn't say its more "stable" than the Arc10.

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    When i hit with N55, it just feel so solid. Its combination of Head heaviness and weight is just nice.

12. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

BS LYD has longer shaft. It has a whipping effect like in Z-slash. Funny thing is I always feel BS LYD is less stiff than BS12 despite what the specs say. Perhaps the longer shaft made it easier to flex.

13. Kelvin T

Kelvin T Regular Member

Student
    Anyone know where can I get the BS12 in blue color design in KL or petaling jaya? Interested to get one thou I really love LYD, but the shaft is too stiff to my preferences, I can't manuever it well.

14. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

A stiffer shaft usually supports the swinging speed, doesn't it? :confused:
    BS LYD is absolutely a fast racket. So I can't imagine why it's not easy to maneuver it >_<"

15. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I have both the BS12 and BS LYD for well over 2 months now and regularly rotates them during my session. The BS LYD feels a lot more solid than the BS12...the 12 feels "hollow" and I still have no idea how to harness its power. All my smashes are extremely weak with the 12 whereas with the LYD, they pack a little more punch. I find this weird because with my lousy arm strength a flexier shaft should really help me get more power...

The quickness of the 12 is without a doubt its greatest asset, along with the ability for me to use it without ever getting tired. The lack of power is quite a problem...

16. Kelvin T

Kelvin T Regular Member

Student
    Hey Accordaz, nice to meet you and thanks for your reply. Anyway I guess swinging speed is related to arm and wrist strength right? I am absolutely lacking in both of these department, thou LYD is really my targeted racket. But my friend told me it is light and really stiff, hence people like me might not be able to handle it. I am currently using F9 and doing great thou working on arm and wrist strength will make me better with the racket.

Will love to hear your thought about it.

17. Cheong

Cheong Regular Member

coach
    Hi all bcer,

Just wanna share my new bs12 new color

IMG_1532.jpg IMG_1533.jpg IMG_1534.jpg IMG_1535.jpg

18. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I recently got a BS12 and I am a little puzzled about it's optimal balance point. I initially regripped it with an Yonex replacement grip plus a Yonex ac102 ex overgrip, which I consider quite common sense, pretty standard. The resulting BP was 295mm (!) and felt very head heavy for my liking. During a brief test session I was dissapointed with the speed potential available - much worst agility tham my Razor 1.3 - BP 290mm and Carlton VTT BP 293mm and definitely worst that what I remember BS10 was like.
    Coming home I regripped with the thick and heavy Karakal Kushy grip and same yonex overgrip - resulting BP 280mm and a gigantic 102.5g overall weight. Although I haven't tested it on court, I does feel way better swinging but I have a feeling this time will lack power.

What's the optimal BP that I should aim for to get the best power/speed ratio?

Cheers!

19. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Considering that you aren't actually changing the force required to swing the END of the racket, you want the highest balance point with the lowest total mass. Those points tend to be the same in this scenario ^^

Why?
    In terms of power: Because 295mm or 305mm, you're still swinging 90 effective grams. Weight in the handle has no effect on the energy transfered to the shuttle because the handle is the actual pivot (study more physics if you want to go into more detail).
    In terms of swing-speed: same kind of story as above. Just go with a setup that's the right size to hold, and has a texture you like.

This is why head-heaviness is such a bad indicator of handling...

20. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Are you assuming that the swing pivot point is at the end of the handle? I think it's somewhere 10cm from the handle therefore mass added to the handle affects the physics of the swing.