Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I'm still to be convinced that the LYD is different enough to the BS10 to warrant trying it out. It's at a point where my ability is not up to the spec of the 10 - it would either have to be head-heavier or have a more flexible shaft to match it's playability to my skill level. I suspect the LYD would be the same so I'm avoiding it at the moment.

What don't you like about the MX70, if it has the 'lovely all round feel and power' you mention??

If you like it but want something a little different, there's the MX80 and MX60, and US/EU/VN spec BS11. Even the SW30 or 310 would be worth trying, too.

2. Soybean

Soybean Regular Member

I want to buy this racket as well... but like Maklike, I also want to know what's special about it :p

3. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

Hi,

Just thought I would write a quick 'first impressions' review as i have had this racket a couple of months now. Unfortunatly i have only managed a couple of matches with it as a new baby girl is taking up most of my time.

The racket felt high quality from the first swing in my hand - which was a relief as this is my first Victor racket. The look of the racket is good and the paintjob was better than I was expecting after other reviews.

The first hit with the racket felt solid and powerful if unspectacular. I usually take a while to get used to new rackets and have had them in my bag as long as 6 months before using them regularly but this felt instantly right. My last racket was medium flex and medium balance so I was expecting a slight drop on defense but a gain in my smash speed.
    So after a short warm up I took it into a game. What felt different to me instantly was the speed of defense - it was lightening quick (perhaps due to the frame design but is that just a gimmick?!?) and I was becoming more and more aggressive with shot selection in that area. When it came to attacking it was very good at flat drives and smashing however the opponents weren’t as strong as I would have liked to get a true feeling for sustained attack. Overall I was pretty impressed by the racket and all shots felt solid and strong, I believe it has the potential to be fantastic and maybe even a classic. I’m itching to get some more game time with it and get a real feel for how it plays in tight hard games and at the moment im very glad I took the plunge into Victor rackets.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

What racket did you play with before? For me the power just wasn't there, but I'm used to slightly head heavier rackets (and the string was awfully soft).

5. MonkeyMadness

It was a carlton air rage which was suprisingly good racket and had decent power. I have had 1st gen Ti10s and the 900T so im used to head heavy rackets too. I have pretty hard smash anyway and I think I will get quite abit of power out of this racket. Why do u feell it has no power? Iv got bg66um at 24lbs. What did u have in it?

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well to me more precise it took more effort to get decent power out of the racket, but an all-out smash was pretty powerful. The string was lousy, 22-23lbs BG80 (it's a test racket, so no changing the string^^). The problem were shots taken late or with very little preparation (no big swing). Those were a lot harder than with many other rackets as the LYD is neither very head heavy nor does the stiff shaft help.
    In comparison, the BS09 was so much better for me in almost every aspect that it was really no contest. Only very quick drives and defense were better with the LYD.

I guess with decent strings, 66um@27 maybe, it would be quite the powerful racket for me if I have the time to prepare. As I said, even with the lousy test string I could already get good power on all-out smashes, but the BS09 is just better suited to me (a bit softer, head heavier).

7. MonkeyMadness

Yeah i suppose everyone has different likes and dislikes when it comes to racket specs. Also how people play has a large say in what people like. If the bs9 suits your game better then obviously that is the better choice for you. For me I feel this racket could be great and hopefully after a few more months play i will very glad I tried a bravesword.

8. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I strung my BS LYD with BG66 Maxima at 11 kg, and the search for the right string has ended. This string is the best combination compared to NBG98 and BG80. It has power, and still accurate. This racket is not easy to tune. The playabilities can easily be altered by using the wrong string type and it is more critical to find the right string. Now, I'm very satisfied with the specs and it's among my collection to play against better players, so it's time to move on to tune other rackets...

9. MonkeyMadness

Had a few more games with this racket and starting to get a feel for how to get the smash power out of it! Hit a couple of mosters! Its getting better and better.....:D

10. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

@MonkeyMadness: Which string do do you have?

I'm still tryting to adapt to this racket. Probably it's just me (forgotten proper technique *lol*).
    VS 850.

11. MonkeyMadness

Im using bg66 Ultimax at 24lbs. Its the first time i have used this string and so far im impressed. The string and this racket seem to be a good combo.
    Everyone one adapts at different speeds, i must admit i usually take a long time too but this racket seem to suit me. Im sure you will get there.

12. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi bros : Any bros can share Lee Yong Dae brave sword ltd compare to BS 9 and kason F9 .. which is better in terms of defending and also attacking .

Thanks. And also bros how much is the latest price in Johor and singapore now.

Thanks.

13. AlfAhmad

AlfAhmad Regular Member

Student
    I think if you read thru you will find the answers to your question. In terms of price you can find at lowyat forum .around rm550 and above i guess. Elink singaporr last i ask was 230 sgd

14. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Correct me if I misinterpreted all of your comments, but it seems like the LYD is basically just a 5/5 stiff BS10? If that's the case, that'd actually be pretty cool since the 5/5 stiff BS10's aren't available from Eric anymore and they're just too darn expensive in the US. The new spec TW BS10 is 4/5 stiff just like the old spec BS11 which is good in case I need spares for my old spec BS11's but not so good for picking up the BS10 as a different racket.

Hey Maklike, the new BS10's should be perfect for what you want! You've been looking for old spec BS11's for a long time and the new BS10 is rated exactly the same.

Old spec new spec BS10 BS11... man, Victor is really out to confuse us.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's not nearly as head heavy as the BS10. And didn't feel super stiff, I'd say the 4/5 rating is good.

16. BlueTornado

Hm, do you have a BP measurement?

17. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    How much are old spec BS10s in the US then?

18. BlueTornado

US $197.

asdfasdf

19. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Wow that is quite expensive.

20. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Fans : comparing BS Lee Yong dae and kason F9 , which racket is better?