Victor Thruster K 8000 (TK8000 / K8000)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by apachesun, Oct 14, 2012.

1. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    Is it as stiff as a MX60? I thought the head heaviness should make it feel a little bit less stiff...

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    From experience I would say so far since I haven't had to season the shaft yet. Yes. It's as stiff as the MX60 so far. But at the same time the flex is similar to the BS 12 during play.

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    contact eric and TK8000 is out of stock

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yeah..He told me either early or mid march. I couldn't wait and went with MBS :eek:

5. Myviperstyle

Myviperstyle New Member

Student
    When is this coming out in singapore?

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Best guess is either this week or next month.

7. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    I dont think so , it might be more than that
    I feel that victor sole distributor in singapore not very sensible with the demand market , been there few days ago and asking whether the new product already come , and he said the shipment delay coz of chinese new year . And at the same time Yonex attack victor with their arc saber 11 and arc saber FB , which i found last two days that arc saber FB is out of stock at queensway
    TK 8000 become not attractive anymore , in fact that the rumor of this racket showed up first around Asia Championship 2012 , can u guys imagine ?
    even in Indonesia they already sell it TK 8000
    for u guys if u want to check http://www.gunturbadminton.com/thruster/397-victor-thruster-k8000-tk8000.html

#267 apachesun, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yonex definitely has a lead on getting product marketed and also on distribution and sales. for a little while now Yonex has been able to do simultaneous launch of their latest product all around the world. usually within days. which is quite a logistic and planning achievement. and then before that, they are able to generate a lot of hype via their more active and visible marketing. many more people know and care about the new ARC11 than people who know and care about the TK8000, for example.

Victor is also very poor with getting racket into the market at launch, often they'd give China/Taiwan first priority and then sometimes only months afterwards do they appear in further markets like US. by then the excitement has already gone.

9. sraoo

sraoo Regular Member

Student
    I'm in Canada and I recently ordered one last Friday; should arrive sometime this week.

10. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I seen one here in Brunei. Just arrive

11. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    thanks kwun for ur explaination

12. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

SG Coded should be next month. TW Coded already available for 1 months + in SG. I have shipped more than 5 pieces over there.

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @kwun

I am with you kwun regarding Victor slow distribution on their new racket, especially this TK8000. At first i am so exciting of this racket since it is endorsed by one of the most energetic player on the circuit, KSH. However, Victor distribution and release of new racket are just taking too long, i for instance lost my excitement on this. On the other hand, Yonex Arcsaber11 which is attacking our forum after TK8000, have already been made available to Yonex enthusiasts soon enough. Several outlets have already sold out on Arc11.

14. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Yes, for all around Asia other than Taiwan, Japan and China, the rest of the part couldn't get any TK8000. So a lot of people also lose their patience.

However, Arc11 & TK8000 are different style racket. Which TK8000 is a powerful attacking racket and Arc11 is excellent for controlling.

Will it be a war later in All England for Attacking vs Controlling?

15. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I am quite doubtful that China could get TK8000 faster than us significantly. I am asking one of my contacts in China, he got the TK8000 faster than us, but it is not significant enough, 1 week earlier or so. I am not sure about Taiwan & Japan though. Victor have to work on their production efficiency and distribution to make the brand big, since they have a lot of good sponsored players.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Victor has a pretty strong foothold in China and China is a very very big market for them. You will find that Victor is neck-to-neck with Yonex if not surpassed Yonex already. therefore Victor would naturally make China their priority in getting access to the latest products.

17. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

In CN they got similar time with Taiwan probably just 1 week later for this particular model. I do have quite a number of TK8000 but only Taiwan Coded, not MY Coded. You can see below links. It actually have that 2 months ago for the very initial, but now I still cannot see the MY Coded, quite a bit of disappointing.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...52136818.69510.277858809003526&type=3&theater

18. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Some stores says that Victor have the best sales in High-ended racket like MX80, meanwhile Yonex has the best sale for lower tier racket like arc-D5(if i'm correct). Well, many chinese there still prefer fake rackets there. For Li-Ning, their sales on racket is just average because their main sales is more on shoes or appeals. So based on my finding...
    [High-end racket]Victor >/= Yonex > Li-Ning
    [Low - mid end racket]Yonex > Li-Ning > Yonex
    [Fake racket]Yonex > Li-Ning > Victor

please critic if i'm wrong.;)

19. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I'm sure that didnt apply here in Brunei.

20. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Not sure what is the best sells but to me MX80, BS12 all are good selling model.