Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Volleyball vs Badminton

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Dread97, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Dread97

Dread97 Regular Member

Hello everyone :)

Quite recently i have been looking for court shoes to use when i play badminton. Upon going to a few shops to check them out i had noticed that volleyball shoes were slightly cheaper. So i was wondering if anyone could please list the pros/cons for using volleyball shoes for badminton vs using badminton shoes

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    because of the footwork in badminton, it is probably better to have shoes with a thinner yet still comfy sole, so that when you shuffle your feet, your soles don't get caught on the floor and cause you to injure yourself. however, i have seen more and more people wearing general court shoes with non-marking soles for badminton for they are more confortable and also cost effective. why pay 120 USD for a pair of yonex when you can get the same performance from a pair of Asics for 70 USD right?

as soon as both pairs of yonex are worned, i'm trying out mizuno as well as asics. i used a pair of nike and it felt hard at first, but i got used to it after a while. they key is whether you are willing to pay, and whether your feet are willing to adapt to a particular way a pair of shoes feel :)

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I was using 3 series of the Adidas Stabil series which are very popular and good in unihockey and volleyball scene.
    The very big difference is the weight -> more (running) speed on court, less tiring

I thought it wouldn't be stable as the Adidas Stabil shoes. But I couldn't notice any lack in stability of my yonex shoes.
    Unfortuantely my first pair of badminton shoes are already done after 9 months! That never happened to me.
    The material is good, so I really can't tell why that happened.

But there are some light volleyball / allrounder court shoes too.
    Mizuno has a model. Adidas has a "light feather" model which some international japan players are using.

#3 Accordaz, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012