Yonex Arcsaber 7 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Sep 21, 2007.

1. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

I wish to buy another ti-10 3rd gen, but it is hard to find the racquet, quite rare...

2. roshanthomas

roshanthomas Regular Member

Management
    A Real Good racket - Arcsaber 7

[​IMG]

3. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

ArcSaber 7.... definitely... one of the easiest racket to use for me....

excellent racket..

4. roshanthomas

Management
    I've strung it with NGB 98 - This racket is great for every day play

[​IMG]

5. roshanthomas

Management
    The new color scheme is just Awesome

[​IMG]

6. roshanthomas

Management
    This Racket is definitely a Classic !!

[​IMG]

7. sumyeah

sumyeah Regular Member

university student
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Before i use this racket, i used AT 900 tech., but i found that the head of AT900 is quite heavy for me, it is tired for you to play in a long rally, and it performs not very well at the front area of the court, moreover it is difficult for you to control the position that you want to smash (I am a doubles player, smashing opponent's shoulder/ head/ between two players when they stand side-by-side to defense are good attacking strategies). So, I wanted to choose a even-balance racket, finally i picked ARC 7 up.<br><br><u>Controlling</u><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks to the even-balance design, the shuttle is easy to be controlled by the racket, you can accurately smash where you want to smash by this racket. Of course, for controlling, I know skill is more important than the racket!!<br><br><u>Defense</u><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It is easy for you to generate power to lift-up the shuttle when you try to defense a smash in doubles, but i think sometimes the shaft is too flexible for defensing an extremely heavy smash. The prerequisite is that you need to know how to use wrist and fingers to generate power in every stroke, and hit the sweet point of the racket, or-else you don't perform well in using ARC 7.<br><br><u>Net-play</u><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Excellent performance!! the reaction is extremely fast, it is fast and natural for you to lift-up the racket to follow the coming stroke, it is easy to do net cross court drops.<br><br><u>Smash</u><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Actually, as the shaft is flexible, the racket can't generate a powerful smash, if your need power smashes to win in most of the time, it may not be a good racket for you. It is a racket for you to smash your opponent several times to create opportunity, until you opponent makes mistakes, then you grab that chance to win that mark! In my experience, I always smash accurately between my opponents in playing doubles!!!<br><br><u>Overall</u><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Whether or not you choose ARC 7, I think it depends on your playing style, if you like to create chances at the front court, definitely it is a good racket for you. I think the racket is more suitable for playing doubles that singles, as it is light and fast for a fast-rhythm play. As deep clear shot always exists in a typical singles match, so I think choosing a heavier racket should be better for creating inertia.<br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br>

8. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    anyone knows the current price in Malaysia? :D

9. honfaai

honfaai New Member

If this is still relevant for you (although only a few years late), it is about RM350 right now offered by the good guys at Vsmash.
    upload_2019-1-3_14-51-1.png

soskicap:
    https://vsmash.com/product/yonex-arcsaber-7

Enjoy.