Yonex Nanoflare 1000Z

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NickifiedNg, Mar 20, 2023.

1. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

I read the reviews and comments, but didn't quite get the one I was looking for, so I finally decided to get my hands on the 3U.

I owned the Jetspeed 10 3U and the ZF II 4U and never really found anything that became a real replacement. Those two had the best speed/power compromise for me, given the Jetspeed hits somewhat OK power for a speed racket, and the ZF II isn't terribly slow for a power racket. There were other rackets that came close (NF 800 - lighter than JS, DZ strike -3U is slower than the 4U ZF II, astrox 88d pro - slower than ZF II).

The Jetspeed was lacking the power a little, and the ZF II a little on the slow end. I gave a few dry swings and it does seem like this might be a slightly meatier version of the Jetspeed, so I'm hopeful this might be what I am looking for.

Will give an update as I try it out.

P.S. For all the Victor lovers, trying to find justice on an internet forum from Victor vs Yonex rackets maybe was what I did during my high school, but I'm now employed in the AI industry now so I don't have time/interest in fighting those wars anymore.

Andreas Kihlgren and dnewguy like this.
  2. d_tao

d_tao Regular Member

Sporting Goods Shop Owner
    Update: The 1000Z 4U is now my fave racket.
    (Tried alotta Yonex NF700 800 100ZZ 88D/S Pro and non Pro AS11 AS11pro ZF2 even AT500 600/Tour 900T 4U tho have yet to try my AT900P 4U… )
    @xiaoqiao *Also loved Victor JS10…3U i think.*

All mostly BG80 @ approx. 24-26 lbs.

Im an experienced front player wanting to strengthn my back game/smashes.

88D Pro 4U yes was great so was 100ZZ 4U.
    But dang….this 1000Z is….awesome! Snappier all around. Even w “lower end” VBS 68 fat strings at 23-24lbs I admit I played better certainly felt better than ATTour 4U and ARC11Pro 4U.
    88D Pro 4U and 100ZZ 4U are close but the 1000Z has that extra somethin. ‍♂️

I truly believe Yonex’s technology and marketing are actually true here with the M40X and use of premium carbon, the aero frame etc. etc. absolutely. Especially if you read the official scientific articles from Toray who manufactures the M4 X it makes sense. M40X is $$$ and a very special type of carbon.

3. Neb720

Neb720 New Member

Anyone had an issues with sinking grommets or indentations from the string?

4. makemymind

makemymind Regular Member

Same here i think. Now 1000z suit's me very well. But it was about 2-3 months to manage it

5. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

Yup, frame is quite soft and the indentation are mainly coming from the 11-1 oclock region and the shared grommets at the bottom

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Not so far. BG80 at 28lbs on the 3U version.

raven1121 likes this.
  7. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

So I gave the 3U NF 1000z a test - I liked it very much, and will be replacing the 3U JS 10 with this. I've had issues with the 3U JS10 with a slow bird or a slow court conditions - my smashes simply don't do anything.

Background: I'm an amateur player that would not stand a chance at a super 300 or higher in the first round, but I'm no beginner either having won A's before with and without Tony. I would be wrecked by any professional player, but at the same time, I'm probably stronger than all of the Victor fanboys who have seemed to disappear. Had to add this line in for the extra burn.

Ratings are rated from 0-10, relative to OTHER TOP END rackets. If I compare it to a beginner's racket, any top end racket would just score 9-10/10 on everything so it wouldn't mean much.

Attack: 5/10 - This was what impressed me the most. I was very impressed with the attacking power, and it is very impressive on how hard it hit for a relatively fast racket. The racket felt a lot meatier than the nanoflare 800 and the jetspeed 10, both at 3U. Just for reference I gave the Jetspeed 10 a 1.5/10, so this is a big upgrade. No doubt, there's still a large gap between this and a AX99, but then again the AX 99 would score maybe a 3/10 on defense and drives so that's just the nature of speed vs power.

Defense: 7.5/10 - Defense were faster than most rackets without a small frame, and it is definitely faster than any head heavy racket. The reasonable head weight helps push back with drives in defense.

Drives: 8/10 - Being ultra stiff helps with drives, and it has enough pace to be in the same tier as the nanoray 900, nanoflare 800, although probably definitely less than them.

Forgiveness: 2/10 - Obviously with a super stiff shaft and a small frame, this will not be known for being user friendly. I've been using unforgiving racket my entire time, so I'm used to it.

Overall, it was very enjoyable to play with this and this will be my main racket for slightly fast/fast playing conditions.

BadmintonDave, dnewguy and Cheung like this.
  8. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

Did you get to compare it with 4u version?

9. Howard9111

Howard9111 New Member

i suggest not to buy the 4U version as most of the cracked frames are the 4U and 4U doesn't feel solid.

10. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

The 1000z 4U version I played with for a few minutes. I had issues with the 3U jetspeed 10's power, and overall I found the 3U jetspeed 10 to be marginally more powerful than the 4U NF 1000z overall, and given my struggles with slow conditions, it was a pretty quick pick for me to say no to.

11. Neb720

Neb720 New Member

The reason I asked about the sinking grommets is I noticed sinking on my 1000zs. The worst of the sinking is at the top shared grommets where the black meets the yellow. All 4 of my 1000zs are sinking to varying degrees. The older 2 I got on release being worst.
    I have all 4u 1000zs, Never strung strung past 26x28 with exbolt 65. Grommets rotated or replaced every restring.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

12. makemymind

makemymind Regular Member

I see that 3U are available in my country now.. Anyone "clashed" 1000z in 3U and it was survived? :)

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Read some of the comments on the previous page.

BadmintonDave likes this.
  14. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Talking about slow conditions, the weather in winter is cold. I played in a slow gym, and still look like a clown with this when I am attacking. This guy isn't gonna quite cut it for me in terms of smash power when it's brute force badminton (minimal flat game and a lot of clear/attack/defense)

15. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

one of mine did break, the other had a small paint chip

16. Alex_Xu

Alex_Xu Regular Member

NON
    “Another one bites the dust” - Queen

Attached Files:

17. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

How did you get it to break at that location?

18. George Idicula

George Idicula New Member

Corporate
    This information from your shop owner is not correct. According to Yonex policy, if the racket cracks or breaks, you should leave the string on and file a warranty claim. The yonex dealer or distributor will have to initiate the claim with Yonex, and then you will have to then send the actual racket to Yonex where they will examine, and if it is clear that it is not from a mishit they will send you a new racket. This is at least how it is done in the US. I have filed claims twice with Yonex and my racket was replaced both of the times.
    The trickiest part of all of this is that the shop owner has to initiate the claim, the end customer cannot do anything just by themselves.

19. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

Is there a Video where i can see how they measure stiffness exactly?

And is there a overview for all Rackets he tested? Cause i prefere very stiff rackets.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

High tension can cause this. The other reason is quite possibly the same tension with thinner strings means the same tension with smaller surface area. That leads to more pressure and the possible grommet sinking.