Yonex Ti-10 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surge, Mar 7, 2005.

1. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

From what I heard, any of the higher end Yonex rackets can take up 30lbs easily.

As to the durability...

I've seen Ti-10 3rd gen broken and disfigured like hell at NVBA rubbish bin (not mine but gave me nightmare).

I know wu_kong, another forumer broke his Ti-10 (from smashing) and didn't dare to use the spare Ti-10 already...(must be damn rich to be able to buy 2 Ti-10).

So I think Ti-10 is not really all that durable...it IS stiff...which may contribute to it more easily being broken for hard smashers. It seems logical to me that a flexible shaft won't break that easily bcuz it can absorb the force of the impact.

Anyway, I can't really smash hard....yet, so I'm safe probably :).

But the paint really DOES chip of easily. Mishit shuttle also chip. Damn....

But i really love it cuz it feels great for net play. Probably because it's stiff. So very easy to control. Especially strung with a higher tension (mine's 25 lbs, not really that high i know but it's gives off a nice sound when lightly tapping the shuttle for netplay)

2. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Thanks for a lot of reviews everyone , would anyone know how much the ti10 would cost in the U.K?

3. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Normal price for a Ti-10 is about $110~120 CDN so... I assume.. it'll cost about .. 60 pound ~ 70 pounds?

4. krisss

krisss Regular Member

thanks a lot :D , seems quite cheap for a racket , which when being reviewes id really good , I will look into getting one :D

5. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

WARNING : Stiff racket shaft combined with high tension strings = painful arm/elbow/shoulder

6. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Last time I also had these kind of pain. I tend to smash and stroke with wrong technique (Tennis elbow) it caused my arm to be in state of agony during smashes. But after I corrected my smashing/stroking/swinging technique, I dont feel pain at all, perhaps this is a point to look up first before blaming the racket. But if all the techniques are correct, then if you are using stiff racket, you might wanna lower the strings tension.

7. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I think a stiff racket is more useful at higher tensions, and so it makes sense that the Ti-10 is a stiff racket and can handle high tensions just like the Armortecs. Oddly enough I strung my MP25 at 28lbs with BG65 and despite being beat and old, it withstood that tension haha. All I'm saying is, the durability of the Ti-10 is generally good but you get horrible luck sometimes and you're stuck with a double edged sword; the more smashes the more likely it'll break. I'm actually hoping to own one of these when summer rolls back around. I'd love to test it out. I might even order it online since it's already much cheaper than the other high-end Yonex.

8. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

Let's exchange racket next week and play for a whole day and see if you feel the same pain i've been feeling when i first switched over too ti-10.
    Oddly enough on the same day i played, there's no pain. It's after the game, almost to the next day. Or perhaps i haven't have enough rest cuz I continued playing a few days straight with only hours of rest in between.

9. mizivincible

I guess that explains the situation :)

10. potato.studio

potato.studio Regular Member

graphic designer
    hhahaha... i also want to try ur Ti-10 jk1980..

11. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

Sure sure...but I want mizi to try using whole day. See will it hurt the arm or no.
    Like that we'll know whether it's the technique or the racket.

12. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Not sure what you are trying to proof but if I just swing my arm without racket for one whole day I think it will fall off...

13. potato.studio

potato.studio Regular Member

graphic designer
    :p just kidding.. ti-10 very nice to play with and its can seduce u to play more... heeeeee... a lit bit hard for 1st time, need some adjustment. Bt, when u get familiar, u will rock with it.. :D

14. mizivincible

But comparing to AT700, which is stiffer ? If AT700 is stiffer then I think no point, last time I had similar incident which is arm muscle painful, I thot my ProAce Widebody 33 is the cause because it is a lightweight racket,so I tend to smash with more power thus giving me the pain, after switching to AT700 the pain also there until Willi@m corrected my stroking and smashing technique, the birds definitely go down to court and at the same time it doesnt feel pain in the arm at all.

BUT if Ti-10 is stiffer than then AT700 then I guess I'll give it a try ;)

Personally, I think because you really passionately playing extra hours than your arm can take thus you forgot the pain during the game and only feel it after the sessions finished :D

15. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    can get Wlli@m to get me to correct my strokes oso ah ?? my elbow hurts laa :)

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's probably your technique that needs attention :)

My Ti-10s are strung at 30 lbs with BG-66 Sharp.
    The racquets are an absolute delight to play with.

17. mizivincible

Ahaha, you have to ask him then, but nothing wrong with your technique laa, it should be because of your smashing are damn strong ! :D

18. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

I think it's a combination of factors. My older cheaper racquet never caused my arm to have any pain after playing games. And it is no way near as stiff as the Ti-10 of course. But then again, I never really played so frequently before before the Ti-10. In addition my technique/stroke improved a bit from the days when i was using my older racquet.

So it boils down to the racquet + continuous stress to the muscles.
    In any case, I think the pain is less now than from the first weeks.
    Gradually I hope the muscles will build up to sustain these kind of impact and I'll really be able to unleash the Ti-10.

Fingers crossed...and more training.

19. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    been using my newly purchased arc10 for the past week, and today pulled out the sexy ti10 (3rd gen 3U G5 strung at 24lbs) totally reckless power compared to the arc10. overall the power is superior over the arc10 =]
    now i want to experience a 3rd gen 2U G5. maybe buy one in the summer ;)

20. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i've got a new 3rd gen ti 10 coming in a mail. I really missed my old yellow ti 10 =(
    and it' already getting harder to get 3rd gen ti 10 in 2u under 800 hkd