Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Yonex Voltric Z Force

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mms6a, Feb 26, 2013.

1. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I have an opportunity to buy a friend's few weeks old Yonex Voltric Z Force for very cheap as he recently quit badminton and moved onto baseball, but he lives quite far from me, so I do not want to drive for few hours just to try out the racket.

I love playing with my trusty old MP-21, my Arc-5DX and my Ti-Zero

I think the most head heavy racket I used is the Arc-5DX, although on Yonex specs it says even balanced, but truth be told, it is head heavy.

I was wondering if I can use the Voltric Z Force, or is it too heavy and slow for me?

I like smashing hard, and playing singles, but I also like to play doubles (mainly a power smash players who sometimes do technical slices/drops/corner netplays, fast drives etc.)

Also is it true that the paint chips easily on the newer Z Force?

I have owned my MP-21 for around 5-6 years now, and the paint chipping is minimal after numerous drops on hard floors while defending low and fast smashes, and clashes with new partners I get on occasions, and picking up birds...

Please let me know.
  2. Neffri

Neffri Regular Member

Apr 8, 2011
    You should really try it out before you buy it. I made the mistake of buying the Z-Force without trying and it really didnt suite me well. Before i was playing with the VT80 and then bought a Z-Force, i like smashing allot to but when playing with the Z-Force my shoulder started hurting like crazy. So after a while i got rid of the Z-Force and got myself another VT80 instead.
    This is just me tho and the Z-Force might suite you perfectly. Im not that good of a player so maybe the shoulder started hurting due to wrong teqnique. :)