Smashing tips

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Siw, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Siw

Siw Guest

I have a weak and inconsistent smash and I would like to know if there's any technique for improving it. Any comments would be appreciated

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    read the thread that don wrote entitled "interesting drill" or something like that.
    basically smashing isnt all dependant on arm and shoulders, its lots of wrist as well..the wrist gives more speed and angle more than anything...if you try and use more wrist and practice like that, u will see an improvement

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    read a previous thread that I wrote...using the search feature up at the top.

You need proper technique overall in order to generate power.
    Especially on your smash.
    Make sure you hit the shuttle in the centre of the strings, as this will give you the most power, and control on your shots.

Anyways, I hope you find the thread, because I went fairly indepth in order to improve your shot.

Good luck, and practice lots.

4. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    In order to hit a powerful smash , your wrist is the most important followed by the follow-up action of your arm . In fact wrist is the most important in playing badminton so i have one tip for you : practice standing up holding a badminton racquet straight up pointing the sky , make sure your arm is straight . Then using the strength of your wrist , bring the badminton racquet forward and backwards , make sure it is a 180 degree action . Perform this action at least 200 times a day and you'll gladly see that your shot is more powerful . The angle you use to hit a stoke is also very important so take note.

5. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Good tip Nic..I shall try that today during my practice.

6. Siw

Siw Guest

Thanks for all the advice!!!

7. ct

ct Guest

to produce an effective smash, four important aspects must be considered, namely:
    · The smash angle must be steep,
    · The smash must have placement or direction,
    · The smash must be consistent, and
    · The smash must be executed powerfully.

This is some tips i get from the book...