Kason C7 vs Victor Legend

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by James.Foo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. James.Foo

James.Foo Regular Member

I'm tempted to buy either of these 2 but very hard to decide whether which one is better.

I am the kind of guy who mostly play doubles,back court, right handed.:crying:

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think the Legend is supposed to be über stiff and head heavy, but the C7 is less so. If you want to try the C7 I have one I'm thinking of letting go, so drop me a PM

3. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    The Legend is very stiff, but only marginally headheavy.

IMO, the stiffness of the the Legend is pretty unique - it's stiff in the shaft (more so than the MX80), extremely rigid in the T-joint (very little torque to borrow from a golfing term) and the head is very firm due to its deep, wide-body, aero profile.

All the above lends to a very boarding and hard feeling racquet - I have tested with Yonex BG-80 Power (28 and 29lbs), Li Ning AP62 (26lbs) and NS70 (28lbs) and everything except the AP62 make the Legend feel like a plank.

It's a powerful racquet, but completely unforgiving. The head shape is classic oval, similar to the Yonex Carbonex series, so the sweetspot is tiny - no bigger than a big egg imo.

No racquet I have owned can match its power... not even the 3U VT80 LTD, nor the 3U SW35.