Different country with different playing level ???

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by quixilver, May 16, 2013.

1. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Hi All... I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before but I hardly find some information using the "Search" function.
    I think it's pretty common for us to hear somebody asks, "How good are you ?" or "What is your playing level ?", and I noticed that one country may have different measurement of playing level according to their standard. For example, when you're in Australia, people will catagorize your playing level into grades (Open, A, B, C, D, etc.) and when you're in Singapore, you will be measured under (Beginner, Higher-Beginner, Intermediate, etc)... However, I haven't heard this kind of segmentation when I was in Indonesia (my home country) and that's why sometimes I find it quite tricky to answer since I have no idea of what are the criteria of each category.

Does anyone here mind to share some clarifications ? I will open the question for the standard of playing level in Australia and Singapore at this point of time. Should you know any different standard and criteria in other country, please don't feel hesitate to share as well.

2. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

List of countries and playing level criteria

You may re-use and update the skill rating template below for each specific grades under the listed countries, thank you.

Australia

1. Grade Open
    Able to ...
    2. Grade A
    Able to ...
    3. Grade B
    Able to ...
    4. Grade C
    Able to ...
    5. Grade D
    Able to ...
    6. Grade E ??? (if any)