Turbo Feeder

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by billomon, May 19, 2014.

1. billomon

billomon Regular Member

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Thanks for sharing that link! I ordered one to test it out. I really like feeders as a training tool (doubly so with a good coach who does the feeding), but I'm more accustomed to the more stiff drainpipe-stile feeders. The capacity of the drainpipe-style feeders is way larger (at least 3x, if not more), and they shouldn't damage the shuttles at all during transport, but you need way more space (tripod + two drainpipes). I'm looking forward to comparing the two systems!

3. billomon

billomon Regular Member

4. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I haven't received the feeder yet, or any confirmation email for that matter. I'll post an update once I get more info, or the feeder itself.

5. billomon

billomon Regular Member

Thanks, it's nice.
    Are you coach or player?

I see you come from Germany, do you know Philipe Zallow?

6. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I'm a player, but way too much of a beginner to coach. I'm looking to improve my footwork, but still manage to actually hit the shuttle, as I'm prone to having coordination problems after just training hitting or just running.Fortunately, the Badminton scene in Germany is large enough that one doesn't know every other player. I have not yet met Mr. Zallow, and judging by a quick search on http://turnier.de/ (where you can look up all German club players), he does not seem to be active in any German club.

7. icanfixtheworld

icanfixtheworld New Member

social worker
    Looks like a good feeder. These have been around awhile from various sources but they seem to disappear after a year or two. Must be a small market.

8. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I've recently noted that Blacknight.ca has equivalent feeders as well, see http://www.blackknight.ca/category.php?sid=123 . What's not on their website is that they offer the wearable one in three sizes (55, 36, 25 shuttles), the smaller of which may be more suitable for children. I've ordered all of their feeders as well and will be sure to post a report when they arrive :)

9. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    Here at my club we actually made turbo feeders by ourself, by using a PVC tube. Close the bottom off with a lid, but with a hole in it slightly large enough for shuttles to stay inside. Two attachment points where a shoulder band from an old badminton bag is attached. Works like a charm