Vids for Mixed Coaching

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by woop., Mar 29, 2004.

1. woop.

woop. Regular Member

Hi all,

My coach was asking me whether I had any vids that might be useful to help with mixed doubles coaching. I haven't at the mo, I've simply downloaded a couple of things via direct links given in these forums.

I did a quick search and can see that emule has been mentioned a bit of late, but I was wondering if anyone had any more direct links to sites where I could just to a simple direct download of mixed games from?

Any help much appreciated.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    depends on the level of the intended audience. i find that for most purposes, the international level mixed matches are of much much higher level that the girl is much stronger than what we are used to in recreational play. as a result, their formation is less traditional and hard to teach the recreational players.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Tend to agree with Kwun. If you have a lady partner who can defend, move backwards and forwards, you can then do triangular coverage of the court. The game of mixed then takes on a very different perspective. The tactics become very much more important.

A pure lady frontcourt - man at the back position of court coverage is not much fun.